PD Blower Options

GreyHounds

Reaction score
I'm intending on using a roots style blower for my build, and was going to purchase the Carb Legal XCharger kit until it appears ExplorerExpress went under. That's just what I've assumed from trying their 3 lines (disconnected/led to telephone surveys). Anybody know of another carb legal positive displacement kit for the 4.0? Unfortunately moddbox doesn't fit the bill. I'd imagine there's nothing out there, and as great as vortech can be, I'd like to go PD if possible. Thanks, any help is appreciated.

VistaBlue09

Reaction score
The only CARB legal forced induction options ever offered for the 4.0 were the Vortech and the X-Charger. The owners of Explorer Express retired and closed up shop after producing their limited run of 300 X-Chargers. So now the Vortech is the only choice.

Josiah Worm

Reaction score
There is another, MODDBOX, I have no personal experience with them at all. Just from what I know, they make a kit, and all you need is a blower to mount. They also sell the Eaton M90 blowers used on the Cougars and T-birds of the 90s. modd.me is the site.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back