Photos and video of the forum's resident "tree hugger"

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
The crane set up on the boom is awesome. There were many times when I landscaped I could have used something like that.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, had the same stump guy for 15 years. I have no need to ever touch a stump. He has the $90K stump grinder pulled behind the $75K pickup truck and I have no interest in investing that kind of money to save $75-200 per stump.
Makes sense

gt_32750

Reaction score
Yes, had the same stump guy for 15 years. I have no need to ever touch a stump. He has the $90K stump grinder pulled behind the $75K pickup truck and I have no interest in investing that kind of money to save $75-200 per stump.

Bobby did a great job grinding the stump, but on the flip side there is a metric shyt ton of stump grindings left behind.

IMG_20190125_135708.jpg

Snakethat

forum member
Reaction score
I too have a lot of time running heavy equipment. Cleared many acres worth of trees for customers. That was probably my favorite thing to do. Not once have a ever broken glass in my rig. I have even pulled them toward me and across. Homeowners thing ur crazy when you do it.

My wife and I purchased 8 acre all wooded lot. So i cleared the driveway and house area. Built the driveway as I'm somewhat picky how its done. Anyway I didnt have time to install the septic myself being I work 2 weeks away from home a month. So I had that hired out. The septic area was cleared except for two trees at the end of the trenches. He managed to back his mini excavator into one and busted out his back window. I laughed and said I did all that and didnt break a thing.

I ended up working for him a little when he needed an operator for what he would consider bigger projects.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Nice. Tree work has been non-stop in my area since May. We had a tornado run us over, about 1 in 3 houses had trees on them. So first was obviously the on house stuff, then they circled back for off house in yard, etc and then again for maintenance. Now without a lot of those trees, others are more exposed so wind storms knocking down more... then on top of that we've gotten few heavy icestorms doing even MORE damage. Not sure how we have any trees left.

Funny that you have to pay to dispose of oak down there whereas up here people want it (or tree guy stockpiles and sells it) for firewood.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Yeah, every once in a while some Damn Yankee will post an ad in Craigslist offering 'free firewood' in the form of a standing tree. You just gotta cut it down and you can have the wood! :lmaf:

Oh, and a Yankee is somebody who came down from up north. A Damn Yankee stayed. :gr_grin:

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, every once in a while some Damn Yankee will post an ad in Craigslist offering 'free firewood' in the form of a standing tree. You just gotta cut it down and you can have the wood! :lmaf:

Oh, and a Yankee is somebody who came down from up north. A Damn Yankee stayed. :gr_grin:

And a half back is a yankee who moved to Florida and decided to move back north but stopped and stayed in Asheville NC

We are full of them.

Than we have the Floridiots. These are retired Floridians who can’t drive in the mountains and get in the way of the rest of us. Along the way they burn up their brakes pretty quickly.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back