Polish Angel! OH SNAP Shine!!!

rcharles

forum member
Reaction score
28One, I was reading through your other thread and am posting your directions so others can read it as well. I do have some questions regarding what an IPA or Eraser Wipedown is? Based on your notes I don't need them which is good news as I have no idea what they are... :shrug:

Here is my process I used when I applied Cosmic to my GT:

1 – Wash
2 – Chemical Decon – CarPro IronX
3 – Nanoskin Autoscrub Pad (Claybar if you wish)
4 – Paint Correction if needed (remove swirls by compound or polish)
5 – Apply Invincible Primer either by hand or machine (No need for IPA or Eraser wipedown)

** If applying by machine, use polishing pad @ speeds 4-6 (I used Flex 3401 & LC White Hybrid) **

6 – Apply 1st coat Cosmic by hand or machine (No need for IPA or Eraser wipedown)

** If applying by machine, use finishing pad @ speed 2 (I used Flex 3401 & LC Black Hybrid) **

** If applying by hand, use supplied applicator and apply as if you were applying a wax **

** Wait 30 minutes then buff off residue with MF towel **

** If adding additional coats, allow 2 hours after initial application of Cosmic before applying second layer. Specific binding receptors ensure perfect cohesion. Layering must be done at this stage of the process. You cannot add additional layers 6 months from now **

7 – Apply 2nd coat Cosmic by hand or machine

** Wait 30 minutes then buff off residue with MF towel **

If you don't need any major paint correction you may be able to skip the compound step, the invincible primer did a very good job of any minor items when i used it today.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
IPA is a Alcohol/water mixture (IsoPropyl Alcohol). I used CarPro Eraser IPA on mine after I did the compounding. Some people say to even do it after polishing, but if you do it once after compounding, you most likely don't need to do it again.

Polish Angel says their Primer does not need an IPA though.

28ONE

Reaction score
IPA (isopropyl alcohol) and water mixture, have been used to remove polish residue and fillers from auto paint before a wax or paint sealant are applied. This step allows you to check your work following compounding and it is supposed to ensure a totally clean paint surface on which the LSP (last step product) can bond. IPA loosens oil but the problem occurs as oil can be spread around or redeposited as you wipe the paint.

Eraser goes a step further with its intense cleaners that dissolve oils. Eraser breaks down polish residue as well as removing dust. It has the added bonus of cleaning better than an ordinary IPA, due to its patented degreasing formula. Eraser makes it possible for everyone to get the perfectly clean surface prior to the application of a coating, wax, or sealant.

If I were to compound (heavy correction), then I would perform Eraser wipe down. IPA wipe downs tend to mar paint. If you have light swirls, Primer has enough abrasives to remove them. Primer is actually a last step polish - per PA there is no need for IPA wipedown...hope that helps :beer:

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
hahahaha! That's some funny stuff right there... so back on the serious train. I have used the buffer and applied the primer. Is there a set time it is supposed to be left on the car and do I wipe it all off as I would any other swirl remover or do I need to leave some as it has the hardener for the cosmic?

Here is the wifes car dressed and ready for surgery... :buffer:

STY0ih.jpg

JOiY0x.jpg

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I think the only thing I let set was the Cosmic. Everything else I treated as normal.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
okay, thanks... its been on about a half hour but it is humid today so didn't want to screw it up.

rcharles

forum member
Reaction score
Time to see how well this stuff lasts. 2 days prep and apply and 36 hours cure. First time back out in the sun:

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Looks great! The wifes car is about 14 hours in to its 24 hour holding pattern. Excited to see it in the sunlight!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Time to see how well this stuff lasts. 2 days prep and apply and 36 hours cure. First time back out in the sun:

Take some pics and try to capture the depth of the black paint. It looks really good in those pics though.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Whats the best way to capture depth? I suck at pictures.

Actually when I blow the top pic up I can see the slickness and depth.

My new car needs this so bad. The Polish Angel on my red car had me spoiled to an amazing look.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Okay, question for the PA Guru's... I did the wifes SUV yesterday and have some of the multi car Cosmic left over. enough for probably my hood and roof. I have a single car mix with my grabber blue in it. Can I use both on my car so I can add an extra coat...? If yes, do I use the color matched first and then use the multi as a final coat? :idea:

28ONE

Reaction score
I think what will happen is you'll take away some of the transparency of the color match version - if that makes sense

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Yeah, it does... just trying to find a use for it so it doesn't end up getting thrown out. Not enough to keep to do the car next year...

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I suppose... I would have to order a whole new bottle as I don't have enough for a full coat on the SUV.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back