Polish Angel! OH SNAP Shine!!!

Discussion in 'Keeping it Clean' started by UltraKla$$ic, Dec 27, 2014.

1. sonicstang14

sonicstang14 Junior Member

I bought a Porter Cable 7424xp with 5.5" pads

2. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

Primer would be considered a super fine polish - u may need to compound

3. sonicstang14

Can you recommend me a compound? I've read a lot about Meguiars 105 and 205?

4. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

M105 is a compound M205 is a polish

I personally like:

menzerna fg400 - compound
    Menzerna sf4000 - polish

Sometimes u can use a polish with a cut pad and that can do the trick - always do a test spot

5. Its Stock

Its Stock 5.broliance

What would I type in to color match to Kona Blue? I might make an order after NMRA... Get the primer and then Cosmic and get to it.

6. Boaisy

Boaisy Dark Knight

That is almost as bad as mine was, maybe a little less on the swirls. As 28ONE said, compound with FG400.

7. BadHabit2Break

BadHabit2Break forum member

I have mine from my Kona Blue Mustang that I never used. I would sell the set for cheap if you want them.

Sent from my Ironman suit using J.A.R.V.I.S.

8. Its Stock

Its Stock 5.broliance

PM me. Your inbox was full.

9. BadHabit2Break

BadHabit2Break forum member

Done

10. sonicstang14

How would that compare to say Meguiars Ultimate compound/Ultimate polish in terms of ease of use and quality? Sorry for all of the noob questions

11. NickD87

NickD87 forum member

M105 is ultimate compound and m205 is ultimate polish, they have some extra oils added to give it a longer working time and dust less and be easier for the diy guy but same base abrasives, can't comment about menzerna as I use 3d products

12. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

Never used either one so can't comment. There's an abundance of polishes and compounds available - it's really a matter of preference. More importantly, a lot has to do with your technique.

13. ford20

ford20 forum member

So I am looking at grabbing some polish angel but I have no idea what to get. I have the black like yours 28ONE and well the paint has currently seen better days that's for sure.

What would you recommend picking up from them to finish this off?

14. Boaisy

Boaisy Dark Knight

I put Cosmic Glass Coat on mine, and they just came out with a spray that will help reduce the cure time.

M6373A is the code for the Ford Black - UA
    http://www.polishangel.us/collectio...h-system/products/glasscoat-cosmic-9h-coating

A 50 mL bottle will give you 4 coats. I put only two on mine due to time constraints, but with the Cosmic Spritz out, I would go ahead with 4. Since the cure time is reduced from 24 hours to 12 hours.

http://www.polishangel.us/collections/glasscoat-cosmic-9h-system/products/glasscoat-cosmic-spritz

15. ford20

ford20 forum member

So just the Cosmic would suffice? Well after all of the correction and what not.

16. Boaisy

Boaisy Dark Knight

It would be Primer -> Cosmic -> Cosmic Spritz, not counting any PC you may use before the Cosmic set.

17. 2011/5.0

2011/5.0 Senior Member

Do you drive it over the winter?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

18. ford20

ford20 forum member

Nope, it just sits in the winter. Especually now .....

Thabks boaisy, i will pick those up!

19. cbass

cbass m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶

I fixed these quotes. Of all the words you typed, the one you got right was the username that isn't in autocorrect, and is awkward to type because if has 9 vowels in a row.

20. ford20

ford20 forum member

9 vowels ... 3 x 3 =9 .... 3 numbers, 3 consents , triangle

Illuminati confirmed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.