Power steering pump relocation

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just finished making a forward facing turbo kit using stock manifolds facing forward. I had to move the power steering pump down to the lower location that the F150 3v uses. The issue that I have is that there are dowels in the power steering pump that dont fit in there. When I take them out and bolt the power steering pump on, the pulley is not 100% lined up correctly and belt comes off.
There seems to be no way to use the dowels or the little bracket to align it up. If I took the dowels out then it doesnt seem right. And am I correct that only 2 bolts line up in this location?
Anyone have any experience with this? Hopefully JPC shares some experience here.
Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The F150 uses a different pump...........and engine block.

Yes, im gonna remove the dowels and see if I can get this pump straight. I can visually see that the pump is off a little, so I will see ehat I can do to tackle this.
I can say that it is night and day difference spool up with forward facing manifolds, opposed to the rear facing. I love this turbo now. Just need to keep the belts on.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The other option is a toyota mr2 electric assist power steering pump. Then I can mount it anywhere and still have power steering.

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
I know it can be done, I was thinking you would need to use a 4.6 explorer pump maybe?

I moved mine to where the A/C compressor was to help shorten belt length for my blower. I had to machine an adapter plate to put it there though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back