problem areas in 2013 3.7l vert,auto or stick

unit5alive

2013 Boss 302
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm looking at a couple of used 2013 mustang convertables for my wife , all 3.7l some are stick ,some auto , anything to look for as far as known problem areas , (I can check as far as collison damage etc) , all have 18k-27k on them , my wife prefers stick over auto , any help would be great , Craig.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
This is not a tech post. Please read the rules of the forums.

Welcome.

BTW, I've not heard of any issues with un-modded 3.7L Mustang's. If you're worried about the prior history of the car, get reports pulled from Carfax and AutoCheck. Otherwise, if you have no mechanical or body work experience, you'd be best served by having an independent body shop complete an inspection of the vehicle. However, I see you say you have that area covered.

unit5alive

2013 Boss 302
Reaction score
Sorry about posting in the wrong area ! just looking for some advise !, I will try and find the right area to post.

unit5alive

2013 Boss 302
Reaction score
Ok after looking I cannot find a better place ? , I want to know if there are any technical problems with the 3.7l , as there are quite a few with the 5.0l motor and trans , wouldn't they be posted in the tech area ????
could you please tell me where this should be posted ?

unit5alive

2013 Boss 302
Reaction score
Some of the things I was concerned about , do they throw random misfire codes like the 5.0l's ? , a lot of the 5.0l's tick do to the belt set up on the a/c commpressor requiring a new belt and extra pulley and tensioner , do the mt82 trannies still have the problem of not going in to gear smoothly in the lower gears till they warm up ?

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
I can't think of any outstanding issues off of the top of my head. And most of the problems with the 5.0 and MT82 have been blown out of proportion.

There are many "fixes" for the MT82. Shifters, shifter bushings, trans. mount bushings, fluid changes, etc.. Ford actually sells a service they claim fixes all of the known issues now.

www.fastfordmuscle.com is a pretty good forum to check out if you're interested in anything dealing with the newer V6 Mustangs.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Allfordmustangs.com has a good 2011+ V6 sub-forum. I go there a bit to check things out as we have a 2011 V6 vert.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back