Quick 6 Controller

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone done a write up for wiring in the quick 6 controller for a 6r80 swap with pictures. Wiring it in tomorrow and was hoping to know exactly what wires to tap and pictures and such.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
The instruction tell you pretty much everything you need to do, they are even sort of vehicle specific.
I installed the Quick 4 in my car, what are you looking to learn and what year/model is your Mustang?

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
Like I know Im supposed to connect into the ECU power and ground wires. What pin are those? Or is there a link to diagram for pin locations? I also need to tap into throttle position sensor. What is best way to do that? Then the start or nuetral safety ground??

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I have an 08 GT as well. You don't tie into the ECU power and ground on the Quick 4, you go straight to the battery for power and ground, then there is a switched power your key on you can tap into in the passenger kick fuse panel. It's an empty fuse spot labeled "B" or "C" I want to say, I'll have to check.
The TPS signal is the white wire coming off the throttle pedal, for the neutral safety switch you tie the controller wire into the clutch switch so it only starts in park or neutral.

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
I have an 08 GT as well. You don't tie into the ECU power and ground on the Quick 4, you go straight to the battery for power and ground, then there is a switched power your key on you can tap into in the passenger kick fuse panel. It's an empty fuse spot labeled "B" or "C" I want to say, I'll have to check.
The TPS signal is the white wire coming off the throttle pedal, for the neutral safety switch you tie the controller wire into the clutch switch so it only starts in park or neutral.

So quick 4 and quick 6 basically the same then? I can run my power off the battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
you havent used the search function I see. search is your friend. there is 1 very large thread in here that all of us have contributed to concerning this swap. It will answer pretty much any question you will have about this swap and is only 30some pages long so not toooo long of a read

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Mine says to run off positive and negative of ecu

I think you may be misunderstanding the instructions, pretty much any type of stand alone controller I have ever installed (nitrous, EFI, transmission) has you go directly to the battery for the main power. Can you take a pic of the wiring page and post it here for me to go over?

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
45dabeb5339dcb783728a4ce49408b41.jpg
2000e3f1af3df20fb511ef42eb949d24.jpg
78e1e059699119fc72b428a1101d04ca.jpg

So because I’m running return system I can go off battery?

I know large write up but not much when comes to wiring the quick 6. I am more looking for guidance where like the tps wire to tap in. Then also where the wire for neutral safety wire I need to tap in?

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
45dabeb5339dcb783728a4ce49408b41.jpg
2000e3f1af3df20fb511ef42eb949d24.jpg
78e1e059699119fc72b428a1101d04ca.jpg

So because I’m running return system I can go off battery?

I know large write up but not much when comes to wiring the quick 6. I am more looking for guidance where like the tps wire to tap in. Then also where the wire for neutral safety wire I need to tap in?

You need a switched power source for the controller, If you run power straight off the battery it'll be constantly powered on ...

Easiest power source would be to use an add-a-circuit to a switched fuse in the fuse panel.

For the TPS signal, You can use a vampire tap [I used the Posi-Products Wire 22ga tap] , I'm not sure what wire color but I believe it was one of the yellow wires on my 2010, use a meter and probe the wires to find the one that goes from 1.xx to 4+vdc when you mash the throttle pedal.

I also used a vampire tap Neutral safety off the clutch PPS to the Quick/6, My car starts in Park and neutral.

What are you using for the RPM signal?

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
You need a switched power source for the controller, If you run power straight off the battery it'll be constantly powered on ...

Easiest power source would be to use an add-a-circuit to a switched fuse in the fuse panel.

For the TPS signal, You can use a vampire tap [I used the Posi-Products Wire 22ga tap] , I'm not sure what wire color but I believe it was one of the yellow wires on my 2010, use a meter and probe the wires to find the one that goes from 1.xx to 4+vdc when you mash the throttle pedal.

I also used a vampire tap Neutral safety off the clutch PPS to the Quick/6, My car starts in Park and neutral.

What are you using for the RPM signal?

So both the neutral safety switch and tps signal come off the pedals? I have a raptor shift light so was thinking for the rpm signal I could also use a vampire tap off that wire?

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
SEARCH FOR THE 34 PAGE THREAD WE'VE ALL CONTRIBUTED TO!!!! There is a specific pinout/location post that takes the guesswork out of doing this,,, exactly what you're asking for here. Use the search button, thats what its there for.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Read the thread mentioned and PM me your questions, the Quick 4 is the same wiring, I can tell you what wires to tap and what color they are for the neutral safety and TPS signal because my car is an 08 as well.
It would help to look up 4r70w swap thread too since they involve the Quick 4 controller.

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so I ran the gray wire to the CPP and used a t-clamp to connect onto. I then ran the green tps signal wire from quick6 box to the yellowish wire on the throttle pedal sensor. I ran power wire to inside fuse box which is activated when key is on. Ground is ran to battery. Only wire I have not found yet is the back up light connector. Car turns over which I believe is a good sign. Did not start it yet because turbo piping not all back on yet.

As for the shifter it does not want to engage into reverse or any gears without moving the tab underneath it. I noticed there is a plug on side of shifter and I also noticed when I removed center console a spare plug, maybe if it were an auto that it would be plugged in. When I plug it in tho it does not change the fact I cant switch gears without manually moving tab. What am I doing wrong? Do i just remove tab? Is there something else that is supposed to activate it?

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
The wire you need for the TPS is a white wire coming off the throttle pedal

The neutral safety ties into the clutch switch that activated when you held the clutch to the floor

The reverse lights tie into the wiring that went to the reverse switch that was on the side of the transmission

For a tach signal you can tie into the coil negative but I found it didn't shift right half the time and switched to a tach adapter for a cleaner signal

Ground you run straight to the battery

Key on you run to an empty fuse in the fuse panel, if you do a search you'll find it's labeled A B or C, I forget which is which

As far as the shifter thing you're not making much sense, what shifter are you running and where is this tab you're talking about?

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
The wire you need for the TPS is a white wire coming off the throttle pedal

The neutral safety ties into the clutch switch that activated when you held the clutch to the floor

The reverse lights tie into the wiring that went to the reverse switch that was on the side of the transmission

For a tach signal you can tie into the coil negative but I found it didn't shift right half the time and switched to a tach adapter for a cleaner signal

Ground you run straight to the battery

Key on you run to an empty fuse in the fuse panel, if you do a search you'll find it's labeled A B or C, I forget which is which

As far as the shifter thing you're not making much sense, what shifter are you running and where is this tab you're talking about?

I will take pictures and send to you

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back