Quick Fix for an Old Tan Convertible Top with Small Holes

Discussion in 'DIY Tech Guides' started by Spence340, Mar 16, 2023.

Car Parts
  1. Spence340

    Spence340 Junior Member

    • Can anyone direct me to a good source for a quick "get me by for now" convertible top fix. My 05 has 124,000 miles on it and the tan top is getting a little ragged but I'm not sure I want to put the money into it for a new top. It's not really leaking but it has a bunch of small rough spots (tears or holes) that could use a filler or something. The guy who I bought it from tried a glue gun and that looked like crap and was too shiny and the color was too light. Luckily it is not holding up either and I can pick it away. There are some products on EBay but I was wondering if anyone has found anything that works pretty good.
  2. Samos3

    Samos3 Junior Member

    There is a product used for patching sailboat sails. I forget the name, but it is a very sticky cloth tape made to flex.
  3. 86GT351

    86GT351 forum member

    Samos3 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.