Rear LCA experiences over the years

Discussion in '2005+ Mustang GT 4.6L Tech' started by Unexplodedcow, Jul 24, 2021.

1. pass1over

pass1over I like it LOW

Shock mount top hardware and bushings are all new. Bottom bolt is new, oversized, snug in the bracket and tight.
    Sway bar bushings are poly, hardware is oversized and has lock nuts.

2. Pentalab

Pentalab forum member

A 350 lb woman is what I would call...'full figured'.

3. Norm Peterson

Norm Peterson corner barstool sitter

Loose or bad bump stops is all I can come up with. I can't see lateral axle migration under the heavy load being enough to be a significant contribution to either centering the stops on the chassis-side pads or moving them off the pads completely.

Chances are you were riding on the rear bump stops most of the time, which would eliminate most of any looseness or mild bump stop deterioration.

Norm

4. pass1over

pass1over I like it LOW

bump stops have been trimmed down to compensate for lowering, car is definitely not riding on the bump stops at all. I've verified with car on lift, supported under axle. Plenty of travel room between axle and bump stop while normal travel.

I can load everything back in the trunk and see where it sits, but it only pushed the rear down by about 3/8".

I did hit a very rough spot at the wrong angle (and way too fast), and heard the left bump stop contact frame, because I hit it so harshly/fast. I really doubt it was riding on the bump stops while loaded, but I can check it out.

5. Unexplodedcow

Unexplodedcow Junior Member

You're a brave man to marry golf cart batteries and bags of corn.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.