Recent Detailing Photos I'm kinda Proud of

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
**Feel free to move if not in appropriate section**

I rarely post pictures on here but wanted to share my experience with some recent products. I've always washed my cars and have waxed/polished many times but never this serious. I also did everything by hand. Have not messed around with a buffer just yet. Paint is still virgin for now.

First, I've never claybar'd before so I was a little nervous. Super easy, nothing to be afraid of. I decided not to do any performance this fall so I bought a bunch of detailing products and will continue to focus on that. So here's what I did:

Weekend 1

1) Washed and dried it Friday Night

2) Claybar'd first thing Saturday. Used Dojo Juice Lube Concentrate. I diluted 9:1 as recommended and it was still super mega slippery and have plenty left.

3) Washed the car and wiped down with Chemical Guys Synthetic Detailer(awesome stuff!)

4) Use CG's Blacklight. Easy on, easy off using microfiber applicators and towels.

5) Washed the car and wiped down with Chemical Guys Synthetic Detailer

6) Now for the fun: Chemical Guys LAVA Wax. Great smell, easy on and decently easy off. Way better shine than Griots and half the removal work.

7) Wiped down with Chemical Guys Synthetic Detailer

8) Finish off with Chemical Guys's V7 Hybrid Gloss Spray

This much took close to 10hours. Reasons: new at clar barring so I was super careful but more importantly I had to tape off all the vinyls so that I did not mess them off. This was the worse part: avoiding them. But not a single product got on them :)

Weekend 2

1) Washed down wheels like normal

2) Sprayed Grease Lightning on them and let them soak

3) Washed down

4) Now here's the biggie: P21S Wheel Gel Concentrate. Let soak a long time

5) Wash off and dry with microfiber

6) Cleaned all windows with Stoner Glass Spray and used paper towels to dry

Next on the List
: Interior, Engine Bay, Trim, Exhaust tips, fender wells. I have stuff for the engine bay and tips, but would be open to suggestions for interior products(dash, seats, etc) and for the outside trim.

Quick Reviews:

Blacklight: Awesome. Definitely worth it. Deep, glossy shine

LAVA: Very smooth Paste at room temp. Very easy to spread.

CG's Synthetic detailer: Best QD I've ever used. No streaks when used with a microfiber

Stoner: Best window cleaner for the money. Under $4 at Walmart. Recommended by a detailer friend of mine

P21S Gel Cleaner: Amazing. The wheels POP now. Very clean.

Lastly, I did myself a favor and threw away all my towels. I was definitely making things worse with the crappy towels I had. I bought all new microfiber towels from Detailed Image.com. Super soft, perfect for detailing and removing wax. Not cheap, but oh well. I also used CG's Microfiber detergent. Do yourself a favor and get it. Laundy detergent sucks compared to this stuff. Not only do the towels come out spotless, but they are super fluffy like new!!

Thanks!

Edit: Color is vista blue, excuse any bad photos. Lighting was terrible.

DSC05153a.jpg

DSC05157.jpg

DSC05160.jpg

DSC05174.jpg

DSC05180.jpg

DSC05182.jpg

DSC05185.jpg

DSC05196.jpg

DSC05198.jpg

dennisafrompa

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice and a little different than most. Great wheels with good stance!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Looks awesome!

What rims are those ?

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

Gabe, those wheels came on the Saleen Racecraft cars. But they only made around 31 Racecrafts in 2008 a few in 2009 so you don't see them very much. But if you come down to the South Shore, you can see mine! ha.

I think I'm going to do Fender wells today. I'll probably place an order for more stuff tonight. DetailImage.com is addicting. Like I said, Autogeek is nice but I find it overwhelming. DetailedImage has what I need and competitive pricing. I even complained about something and they refunded me no hassle. Every day, week and month they have a crazy special.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with DI's customer service, them and autoality are top notch!

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Yea. they are a business so like anything, they wanna make money. But i asked what the best glass cleaner was, and they said Stoners is their favorite and its dirt cheap. So i picked it up a walmart. but they could have suckered me into a pricey one.

Im just trying figure out what I should use for the interior like dash, doors, etc. And what I should use on the exterior trim.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Depends on what level of shine you want.

I use chemical guys VRP on the interior plastics, dries to a semi gloss finish. Exterior trim I use chemical guys G6, most of a shine and durable finish than VRP, but it will eventually run when wet. Try Ultima tire and trim guard, I've heard good things.

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
I was thinking of the VPR for the interior. Id like a nice clean finish with a little gloss. exterior I dont want it shiny, just New and clean looking. Ill report back what I try.

I also have a flat black lip and spoiler. Ive alway left them alone but Im going to try the Matte cleaner they have too.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

Gabe, those wheels came on the Saleen Racecraft cars. But they only made around 31 Racecrafts in 2008 a few in 2009 so you don't see them very much. But if you come down to the South Shore, you can see mine! ha.

That's awesome ... love them, would like some more pics of this car from further back :)

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Nice work...........looks wet.

Thanks! I think I've reached the limit of "wet" I can get by hand. I've tried a lot of different products. This has been the best. Maybe Dojo juice would give me a little more wet look but not sure for the money. We'll see.

That's awesome ... love them, would like some more pics of this car from further back :)

Ugh, if I'll go a little further back

IMG_8934%2520test%2520fakehdrplus%2520no%2520sharpness_1.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Thanks man ... looks awesome!
Love the car, love the rims :)

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good. Sometimes i regret buying a sterling grey due to the depth darker colors give but grey hides the imperfections, haha.

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
thanks!

I never had a blue car before this one. Ive had black, maroon, red, green, khaki, and yellow. Color means very little to me truthfully. Ill buy a car based on what color is cheaper(ie which one the dealer wants off their lot faster). But when I saw this color in the showroom and then outside I knew I wanted it. It has a different color profile in every light. sometimes its all blue and sometimes purple bluish.

that being said, i bet your grey never shows all the light swirls and scratches mine has. i dont have a lot of them, but after all the cleaning and waxing I did you can see them. I know a buffer will get them out, but leaving it alone for now.

My DD is a metallic black which looks kickass when its clean but sucks for 90% of the time when its dirty

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Looks awesome. You thinks its Lava that gives it that extra pop? I'm thinking about trying it. I already use Blacklight and V07 spray sealant right now.

POS VETT

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, very nice !

Are those wheels branded Saleen ? Pardon my question, I'm new in Mustang world.

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Looks awesome. You thinks its Lava that gives it that extra pop? I'm thinking about trying it. I already use Blacklight and V07 spray sealant right now.

Im not sure. the Blacklight impressed me the most. I tuink the LAVA helped seal in thr blacklight. I think the blacklight doesnt last long so the lava should help. Id be curious what the lava alone looks like. All I know is Im happy the way it came out. The lava is not super glassy smooth as just the blacklight alone so not sure what that means.

Wow, very nice !

Are those wheels branded Saleen ? Pardon my question, I'm new in Mustang world.

They were made for Saleen, not by them. Ive been tying to get a spare set but its tough.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back