forum member
Reaction score
Tools needed, found at lowes
2 - 1/4" Hex Screws - $0.26
2- 5/16" Lock Nuts - $0.22
2 - 1/4" Lock Nuts - $0.22
1 - Piece of Galvanized slotted Metal - $4.39
1 - Bottle of Jose Cuervo Silver Tequilla - $35.00

First off you need to remove your grille. This is a very simple task that most of us already know about so I'm not going into detail on this one.
Next your going to grab up your slotted metal:

DSC_0110.jpg

Then your going to cute two 8" pieces. Next your going to carefully make two bends in it. One approximatly 3" and then another approximately 1" and it will look as such:

DSC_0111.jpg

After you have done this, it's time to grab those two 1/4" Hex screws and nuts. And mount your fog light on to the bracket. Be careful not to overtighten......it is metal against plastic and one of them will have to give eventually. I would also suggest not tightening the screw all the way so you can aim your lights later.

DSC_0112.jpg

Next your going to crawl up under your car and look toward the front end of your car and find where the front end of your car is screwed together.....you should find two exposed screws pointing in toward the radiator.....those are the ones your going to use.

DSC_0109.jpg

Next, take your fog light and it's bracket and place it on the top screw and secure it with your 1/4" lock nut.

DSC_0114.jpg

Finally get out from under car your, carefully adjust your new fog lights, with one hand and tighten with the other. Reconnect your wires and wala!!

DSC_0116.jpg

Now your probably saying to yourself.......but what about my grille? Why did I need tequilla for something that took 15 minutes??

Start drinking because here is where the REAL FUN begins.....look for it in my Next Post

JP06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Could you use the same technique but with a different hid fog light? I've been wanting to do something different with the fog lights and this idea seems less complicated than cutting into my bumper!

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
I think you could definatly do it with diffrent lights, infact, if you were to purchase some smaller lights......it would probably be ALOT easier to aim them. The lights that came off my grille were a little big, so it took just a little more effort to aim them.

Aslong as you have the lights, wiring and few minutes, you could figure it out. This literally took me about 20 minutes to do.

JP06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome I might just do that! Did you have to trim up the honeycomb on the lower grille? I've never done wiring before. Would it be hard to rewire my GT fogs into the new ones?

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
The pony package already had the holes cut out. You would have to cut the gt lower grill. Also as far as wiring i just used the wires that were already on the car, there was plenty of wire to drop down

JP06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think I have those exposed screws? I checked and I cant find them!

Fava-beans

Reaction score
This is JUST what I have been wanting to do! I’d like to drop my lights to the lower opening and replace the upper with a billet slat look.
Figuring that if there’s not enough wire I can buy a set of pigtails?

richie9mt

Reaction score
Interesting. I like the black 'stock' hexagon grille, but I hate the faux-chrome pony emblem. I was thinking of doing what you did, or maybe hide the fog lamps behind a OEM grille.

What grill are you planning to use??? I'm still looking for a 'pony-delete' OEM-style grill... :(

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back