Removing old gas

Zach Baumann

Reaction score
I’m rebuilding my engine and with part delays and back orders it’s taking longer than expected. That being said i wanna removed the gas from the tank and when ready just fill it with new gas. Can I siphon it out like older cars or do these 3v’s have anti theft stuff?

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Or you can remove the rear seat bottom. Disconnect the fuel line from the top of the fuel hat and slip a few feet of 5/16” fuel line over the nipple sticking out of the fuel tank. Put the other end of the fuel line in a gas can. Open the trunk and disconnect the plug from the fuel pump drive module. Apply 12 Volts to the black and red wires in the plug and the pump will run. I’ve done this several times. Just don’t run the pump dry.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Unless your rebuild will take more than a year, I would not worry about it. I would consider draining gas after two years (and burn it in lawn equipment)

Laga

Reaction score
Unless your rebuild will take more than a year, I would not worry about it. I would consider draining gas after two years (and burn it in lawn equipment)
The last time I put my gas in my fathers 1993 Fleetwood was almost exactly 2 years ago. We drove it last week to take him to the doctor and it started and ran just fine. Once it warms up, I’ll jump the fuel pump relay to pump out the old gas and refill.

JC SSP

Reaction score
For a few months your OK, 3-6 Consider adding fuel stabilizer, anything close to year then follow Midlife and Dinos advice and use it in your lawn mower...

Reaction score
2A83F122-DB0F-4F33-B36F-2AB6335E5C89.jpeg True, have used Sta-Bil for decades, never a problem with fuel even after 2 or so years. Something about retaining the molecular structure of gas. Prior have had gas turn to like shellac and gummy residue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back