Retrofit ideas from late S197 into early S197?

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
I wish I would have known this three weeks ago when I did front brakes on my 05' GT! This info needs to be made into a sticky for quick reference.

Yes, it’s super easy. I got Darren’s (ultrakla$$ic) calipers and rotors with less than 300 miles on them and swapped them on my ‘07.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC SSP

Reaction score
I have made a post in 05+ Mustang 4.6 Tech containing the write up on this.....

THX Joe, but the search function of this forum like many others is flawed. A sticky at the top of the tech section makes more sense, but I will be more diligent next time.

Joe combs

Reaction score
THX Joe, but the search function of this forum like many others is flawed. A sticky at the top of the tech section makes more sense, but I will be more diligent next time.

I tried .. then everyone else wanted to chime in about their expensive big brakes... so i just deleted it...

Reaction score
I tried .. then everyone else wanted to chime in about their expensive big brakes... so i just deleted it...
I seen your post and I thought it was a great write up. I think it is a great upgrade for those who can’t afford big brake kits. I know the comment about the Wilwoods upset you, and it would probably have upset me as well, but I believe your write up would still help a lot of members out in the future. I thought it was a great addition and another option for people who don’t have deep pockets. Without this forum, I wouldn’t have been able to do several of the upgrades I have done to my Mustang.

heyseeoh

Reaction score
The 2011-2014 GT (Non Brembo) brake upgrade....
Uses your caliper, the 2011-2014 GT front caliper brackets and the front rotors from the 2011-2014.
That will give you a upgrade from the 12.4 inch rotors on the 2005-2010 GT cars to a 13.2 inch front rotor for better braking..... the calipers itself and the pads are the same as 2005-2010 GT...it is just a bigger rotor and a caliper bracket to clear the rotors.... easy as that.
If installed on a 05-10 4.0.... it is an upgrade from a 11.8 inch rotor to a 13.2 inch...

@Joe combs I'm assuming the calipers, caliper brackets, rotors, and pads would all have to be swapped as well on a 4.0?

Also, I was curious if the sun visors are interchangeable? I'm replacing parts on my 06 'vert that have seen better days, and the sun visors are one of them. Not to mention, mine don't have lights. The newer model years have lights AND a Homelink for garage doors.

RepulsiveReject

Reaction score
@Joe combs I'm assuming the calipers, caliper brackets, rotors, and pads would all have to be swapped as well on a 4.0?

Also, I was curious if the sun visors are interchangeable? I'm replacing parts on my 06 'vert that have seen better days, and the sun visors are one of them. Not to mention, mine don't have lights. The newer model years have lights AND a Homelink for garage doors.
Homelink would be killer!!! I think it will, but you’d have to somehow figure out how to wire it all up… shouldn’t be too hard. just gotta order a headliner wiring kit. if you do that, you’d mind as well buy the newer map light too… it’s not much different, unless you could figure out how to use the microphone with an aftermarket radio. cool stuff!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back