Reverse lit white v6 guage faces

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by Chistopher, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Chistopher

Chistopher Junior Member

Where can I find white guage faces for a v6 cluster? So that when I turn the backlight on, the white parts illuminate and the numbers stay the same

2. 07 Boss

07 Boss Senior Member

What's the difference between the base and gt gauges? I can't ever remember seeing reverse lit gauges only overlays.

3. Chistopher

Chistopher Junior Member

gt has 2 more guages and the speedometer goes higher. If overlays work I'm fine with that too. I should also probably point out that it's a 07

4. 07gts197

07gts197 forum member

Gts did not have more gauges, the 6 gauge cluster was a premium thing not Gt specific. I’m not sure anyone makes reverse glow gauges for these cars. The whole aftermarket for these cars has been drying up for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Chistopher

Chistopher Junior Member

Are you sure? I have a premium and I only have gas and temp

6. Chistopher

Chistopher Junior Member

I may end up having to do that. I'd prefer it if I could get the white part to glow, but I don't think I'll be able to find anything.

Is there any trouble with the white on white glow when it's getting dark, but not dark enough to have the headlights on?

7. 07gts197

07gts197 forum member

I was wrong, it’s part of the interior upgrade package.

As for your other question if the numbers get hard to see turn your headlights on.

I have a white face overlay for my ac gauges on my 00 Gt. I only ordered them because the previous owner took out the original one and replaced it with a stupid looking white face overlay that was cracked and looked like crap. Anyway, the one I bought was one of those cheap ones off of eBay. During the day it looks good but at night it looks horrible. The quality isn’t that great. I’d expect overlays like those posted to be the same but it’s worth a try. Good luck lining it up though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. DieHarder

DieHarder Member

There is a 6-gauge cluster for the V6. Speedo only goes up to 120. Got one for my son's car.

If I were you I'd work on finding a 6-gauge cluster and my color controls/buttons. Since you have an 07 it should be plug and play. Was on my son's anyway.

9. Chistopher

Chistopher Junior Member

Doesn't a new cluster interfere with the security system and the chip in the key? That's what I've heard anyway

10. DieHarder

DieHarder Member

Nope. Not in your case. 05 - 09 cars don't have cluster issues like the newer cars. I've switched out clusters on both of our cars (06 & 07). Was completely plug/play. No difficulties whatsoever.

Chistopher likes this.
  11. JimC

JimC Senior Member

12. Chistopher

Chistopher Junior Member

That's looking like a good buy, the picture they have on there looks good, but do they have any issues with aging or fitament?

13. Chistopher

Chistopher Junior Member

Also what's a good cost on a 6 guage v6 cluster? I'm seeing them for $140 plus I'm assuming I have to pay to reprogram the odometer

14. Chistopher

Chistopher Junior Member

and how much of a pain is it to reflash the ECU? For the mileage that is

15. Chistopher

Chistopher Junior Member

Last question, do they require a different bezel?

16. DieHarder

DieHarder Member

That's probably about right. I wouldn't worry about reprogramming unless it's an issue. Not sure who can. I believe you can only advance odometers. Not retard. Others would have chime in on that.

17. DieHarder

DieHarder Member

Never done that (reflash). Bezel is the same. Pop the old one out (4 screws & a connector on the back). Pop the new one in. About as easy a job as you'll fine on these cars. Takes about 10 mins if you're slow. About 3 once you've done it a couple of times.

18. VGMStudios

VGMStudios Junior Member

Check out blackcatcustoms.ca they make custom gauge faces.
    This is mine that I made myself with thier help. My car is a 07.
    20140904_193526.jpg

19. DieHarder

DieHarder Member

That is different. Curious if you had modify the tune to account for the 200 mph speedo?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.