Ride Height Issue with 05-10 Struts on 11-14 Mustang

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
I'm looking at installing the Koni SRT's. I am on K-Springs, is there an isolator I could install to minimize the rake? My H&R Super Sports on my 01 Bullitt came with a 1/4" metal spacer to level the front.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can remove the isolator in the rear and the small rake would be gone. I will say i had str.t's and i didnt appear to have this rake everyone talks about, maybe it has something to do with the springs as well.

IMAG0378.jpg

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
You can remove the isolator in the rear and the small rake would be gone. I will say i had str.t's and i didnt appear to have this rake everyone talks about, maybe it has something to do with the springs as well.

IMAG0378.jpg

DasBekozzJooRmagic!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm looking at installing the Koni SRT's. I am on K-Springs, is there an isolator I could install to minimize the rake? My H&R Super Sports on my 01 Bullitt came with a 1/4" metal spacer to level the front.

My concern is based on the measurements Kelly took showing a 1/2" difference in the two struts.

As you can imagine, I always have a few tricks up my sleeve.....

There are actually A LOT of ways to change/cater ride height to your liking without adjustable perches/coilovers. Sadly though, the increments available are minimal, in the .50" range.

Unfortunately, for the forum members - I keep these secrets for phone calls.

Call me tomorrow and we can chat about various ways to resolve any issues you may have.

And anyone reading, don't ever hesitate to call me to chat about this stuff. OR, just put on your thinking caps.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Calling Kelly is like pulling teeth, he is never available. LOL jk Kelly. We talk about all kinds of random stuff, all the time. Iizmagicilrnditfrmju.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah - I should probably stop telling people to call me. I usually always have 3-4 lights blinking in my face at any given time throughout the day. I actually had to get some steroids injected into my neck recently.....thinking maybe a headset is in my future.

jewc, you are definitely magic. Snapping a photo of a cat like that, is purely something only a wizard could accomplish.

Bad06stang

forum member
Reaction score
i ordered H&R super sports to replace my k springs on my str.ts cause the back sits waaay too high. Will post pics when installed.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score

Because I like *low*, I wanted to drop the rear, rather than raise the front to reduce the rake. I posted a photo on page 4. I just took the isolators out of the rear springs with my UPR Pro/Eibach Pro/FRPP K spring setup. If I added 1/4" spacers between my strut mounts and the strut towers, that would make my car sit level, but I do actually like a little bit of rake, so I didn't raise the front.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I have str.t's with Steeda Ultralites and I dont have an extreme amount of rake

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
I just wind the coilovers all the way down lol

In all seriousness it's interesting to read about some of these ideas.

If the rear isolator is removed does it not cause unwanted noises?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BV600

forum member
Reaction score
I had my isolator removed in the rear and put it back on it was noisy. Not only with it off but on. The front was noisy also. I thought it could have been my Strut mounts but I swapped to BMRs and Strange and no noise with the same Mounts.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I just wind the coilovers all the way down lol

In all seriousness it's interesting to read about some of these ideas.

If the rear isolator is removed does it not cause unwanted noises?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can hear the difference, but it's not enough to bother me. I considered it a temporary solution because I want to swap to adjustable coilovers soon.

Bad06stang

forum member
Reaction score
put on my H&R super sports today, fixed the rake considerably! Now the back sits only 1/4 of an inch higher than the front, I am happy with it! from the ground to the quater in the rear is 27" now lmao

onebadgsx

Reaction score
Does anyone make a spacer that woukd sit on the spring perch to gain sone of the ride height in the front back. Im 3" different between front and rear since a run 26" front tires

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
put on my H&R super sports today, fixed the rake considerably! Now the back sits only 1/4 of an inch higher than the front, I am happy with it! from the ground to the quater in the rear is 27" now lmao

Post some pics!

Bad06stang

forum member
Reaction score
here this isnt a very good picture but I took one today. I am totally happy with how the car sits now, just need to put in my camber bolts and get it aligned it will be perfect then. I really need to do an UCA and LCA with relo brackets with these springs though.

20131206_153021_HDR_zpsbfa07cdb.jpg

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dont use camber (crash) bolts. There is a trick you can do so that you dont have to use them.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back