S197 Coyote prices?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
No ,I would not go BACK out on track. Lets stay on point here.
You went out pn track and discovered the problem.
You can drive the car around on the street fine right?
So, how is the dealer going to replicate your issue?

JJ427R

Reaction score
No ,I would not go BACK out on track. Lets stay on point here.
You went out pn track and discovered the problem.
You can drive the car around on the street fine right?
So, how is the dealer going to replicate your issue?
I am staying on point, you're missing the point. The point is Ford advertised this car as a Track Capable Car, with the Track Apps, Track Mode, Larger Radiator, Brembo's, etc.... Even has a track use section in the manual! I bought the car with the intent of running it on track, however the car is not capable of running on track for more than 12 minutes! That is basically the same things that are in the GT350 owners lawsuit except they were blowing their motors.

I registered a complaint to Ford for how unsafe this is for a car to go into limp mode on track and that was part of my buyback request. They just took my complaint, said my car did not qualify for buyback, and gave me the lemon law option. They also would not look at my video of the car going into limp mode!

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Raybestos sells $15 13.5 inch "RACE" back brake rotors and they expect you to replace them every race with the pads. Achillies tires are rated at about 10 laps and then replace. Some people complain they only do about 8 laps and the USA tires can do about 15. I at one time showed classic cars at Carlisle and someone would always show up with two $100,000 cars with $40,000 paint jobs being pulled by a half million dollar Kenworth.

Last edited:

Sigma6

Reaction score
Really says says something about the market when 13/14s (low mileage /clean) are out pacing newer GT counterparts of the s550. I see values dropping come 2022, not drastically but with newer models available once again should be so. Although depending on how the gen7 does, previous generations might stay strong but not like it is right now.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Well remember the 13/14s are in that 3400/400 sweet spot. That is, not far from 3400 lbs and not far from 400 RWH. That's enough for really low 12 second times. It's big money after that.

AHaze

Reaction score
Well remember the 13/14s are in that 3400/400 sweet spot. That is, not far from 3400 lbs and not far from 400 RWH. That's enough for really low 12 second times. It's big money after that.
While they're close enough to 400 RWHP as delivered, a base '11 GT has a 3600 lb. curb weight. The biggest design flaw of this chassis IMHO. These things would be phenomenal if they were 10% smaller.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
While they're close enough to 400 RWHP as delivered, a base '11 GT has a 3600 lb. curb weight. The biggest design flaw of this chassis IMHO. These things would be phenomenal if they were 10% smaller.
I was able to get my 2014 Base to 3450 and that not far off from the title dry weight. One big thing are the wheels and tires. Even my Big Break Kit was lighter then standard. Those standard calipers were heavy.

IM8.jpg

Robert302

Reaction score
Shitty way to look at it IMO. A lot of guys work very hard to get the money to buy one, doesn't mean they have money just to throw around and replace a motor if they blow it. And don't forget, Ford advertised these cars as track ready, thus the lawsuit from the owners.
That is also no different from my 2018 PP1 which Ford builds with Larger Radiator, Brakes, Wheels, Tires, includes a Track App which they state "Is only to be used on Track". And the manual even covers driving it on track, but they won't cover it worth a shit if you take it on track. Biggest scam Ford ever ran.[/QUOTE/]
I know what you mean, I didn't buy a GT 350 but with my new GT I worked hard to save up the money for a down payment and financed the car. I don't have money to make payments and replace an engine. That's why I didn't modify the car until it was paid off because I knew with modifications there is a risk. The car in stock form should not break ever, that's why they are detuned to make less power, they have torque management, ect. Stock cars are designed to make continuous power for hours on end and not blow up. Those guys that paid 60K and didn't modify their car should not have to deal with all that. For those who modified well that is a different story.

Sigma6

Reaction score

IF they were along the lines of the new edge size with the original fastback /s197 styling and stuffed with a 5.0 & tremec things would sell like hot cakes!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back