S197 mustang 2012

Discussion in '2011+ Mustang GT 5.0L Tech' started by Frankief28, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Frankief28

Frankief28 Junior Member

So quick question I have a small problem that I can’t find solution to my s197 has a little bit of vibration at high speeds I would say once I’m at 105 and up below that no issue I have don’t almost everything I can think of and I can still feel it this is what I replaced or did to try and correct the problem

new aluminum one piece driveshaft
    New time gt500 19 inch rims
    Got new tires I had 285s I now have 305/35/19 Nitto
    Car is lowered about 1.5 has pan hand bar with adjustable control arms and adjustable struts only thing I have yet to install is I have control arm in the rear maybe rims are no good? I duno I only had them for a year and I don’t see any cracks or anything I also had them balanced like 3 times so I’m all out of ideas. This only happens at speeds over 100 MPH

2. SilBult

SilBult Junior Member

Since you have a one piece driveshaft and adjustable control arms the first thing I would check is the pinion to driveshaft angle. A one piece driveshaft is going to be more sensitive to the pinion to driveshaft angle than the factory two piece shaft. As for the tires and wheels, it's always better if you mount the bare wheels on a quality balancer and check them for balance [ they shouldn't need any weights ] and both radial and axial runout before mounting the tires. Any problems here and even good tires will be a bear to get right. A tire can balance OK, but still have excessive road force. The good thing about adjustable parts is that with effort you can get things as close to ideal as possible. The bad part about adjustable parts is that you now have a multitude of ways to get things wrong. Good luck.

3. jewc75

jewc75 S197 Junkie S197 Team Member

Most likely the pinion angle is off.

4. Frankief28

Frankief28 Junior Member

How do you adjust pinion angle ? Bring to a shop I guess and Ik it’s not the driveshaft because I put the stock shitty two piece back In and had same effects

5. jewc75

jewc75 S197 Junkie S197 Team Member

If you put the 2 piece in its not the pinion angle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.