S197 Wheels on an S550

Mark Zilio

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been posted previously. I purchased Forgestars for my Boss 302 a couple years back and have the stock wheels & tires with 3,000 miles on them. I'm looking to purchase a 2018-19 GT soon and wondering if those wheels can be used on an S550. Thank you

20210723_152623.jpg

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Yes. The wheels are the same fitment form 2005 to date. I swapped a set of wheels from my 14 to a 17GT I bought. While the studs are larger on the 15+ and you will need to use lugs for that thread size there is no other issue. My only regret is that I did not keep the wheels when I sold my 17.

Hope you aren't giving up that Boss 302 for an S550. That would be sacrilege.

Mark Zilio

Reaction score
Actually keeping my Boss. Looking for an S550 GT with an automatic for my Wife. I sold my 07 about 6 years back and would buy it back if I could find it. Think someone in TX purchased (See pic)

My 07.jpg

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I had a 2005 redfirepearl in color with charcoal gray stripes. Had a Saleen PD setup, cams, LT's, the works. made 507RWHP. Loved it. Traded it in on a 13 GHIG I saw on the lot and fell in love with. I miss that car as well. Heard it was bought by a guy who beat the crap out of it sadly enough.
qtlIzOc.jpg

Since fell in love with the 13/14 models.

Mark Zilio

Reaction score
It's likely the Forgestars and Firestones off my Boss will be sold in the early Spring. Approximately 1,000 easy miles on these and like new. Going back to the stock set up. Stay tuned. Thank you

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
PM me with the setup specs, rear wheel pics and what you want for them. I may be interested if you are within driving distance.

AHaze

Reaction score
So the rims from a New Edge aren't going to happen on S197? There's a guy at work selling his 18" ESR CS11. Simply gorgeous, identical to these: https://musclecardna.com/lowered-ford-mustang-new-edge-carbon-fiber-coilovers.html

I thought they were 5x114.3 too
Every 5-lug Mustang I can think of uses the same bolt pattern so yeah, they'll bolt on as long as they clear the brakes. The big difference is in the offset. New Edge Bullitts actually look better on an S197 than the "proper" ones. A set of aftermarket wheels that sit flush on a New Edge will poke pretty severely when installed on an S197 though.

Last edited:

TylersCoyote

Reaction score
Every 5-lug Mustang I can think of uses the same bolt pattern so yeah, they'll bolt on as long as they clear the brakes. The big difference is in the offset. New Edge Bullitts actually look better on an S197 than the "proper" ones. A set of aftermarket wheels that sit flush on a New Edge will poke pretty severely when installed on an S197 though.
Good point, thanks! I actually like the wheels with low off-set, but surely don't want them to rub or damage the fenders. Will have to test fit them without the tires.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back