S281 Boost reg/bypass???

cruisin

Reaction score
Is this part available on its own? I broke the fitting off. Only noticed it at the line and had to back out when I saw a CEL. I used a lighter to get it back together and then cleared the CEL. Is there a replacement, possibly something metal? Id like at least a new one if not something a little better. Can you guys shed any light on this? If you dont know the exact part Im describing, in the install manual its on page 46 I believe and figure 55.

cruisin

Reaction score
Well my quick fix with the lighter blew and now Im hoping to find a permanent fix. Anything anyone can recommend here?

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you called Saleen and asked them about a replacement? My boost sender went bad and they sent one out without much trouble at all.

If your under the 3/36k from them still I guess. If not, they should still be able to get you the bypass & parts.

cruisin

Reaction score
I'll try calling them on monday. We only have a handful of Saleen dealers up here and none were able to help. Was hoping a Vendor could help too

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is this part available on its own? I broke the fitting off. Only noticed it at the line and had to back out when I saw a CEL. I used a lighter to get it back together and then cleared the CEL. Is there a replacement, possibly something metal? Id like at least a new one if not something a little better. Can you guys shed any light on this? If you dont know the exact part Im describing, in the install manual its on page 46 I believe and figure 55.

I have seen this happen before because it is plastic and will break. The ole' lighter trick will work for temporary. I can get you a new one from Saleen, you can also call direct. They are $59.99, unless this broke when it shipped to you in which case we'd need to put in a UPS claim. There isnt a metal version which a nice billet one would be sweet, but im sure expensive!

cruisin

Reaction score
Sounds good. I'll take one. I could go for a billet version anytime, I just need to get it fixed before I hit the trtack again and spend half the night burning my thumb with a lighter haha. As soon as you can get one to me I'll take it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back