S550 style tail light needed for S197 Bullitt

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
Let me also add this- I needed a set of tail lights for my Bullitt in the interim period when the Raxiom lights were gone. (My Bullitt is also my daily driver.) Kazman59/Dennis stepped in on that account. A longtime friend of mine, and thankfully a local, he offered a set of taillights he had sitting in the garage. He still had the original Raxiom boxes so shipping was simplified to Rick. Hats off to my friend Dennis too for helping me work out this problem to a satisfactory conclusion.
Lee

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
Avery single word in the above referenced technical specs from Macman45 on the diodes, etc might as well be Martian speak to me. I'm glad you got it worked out. My only input was going to be that I had good luck with AM Raxiom tail lights 10 years ago on my 2009 Bullitt but it seems their reputation has crashed since then. Today I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

If you shop the Raxiom-type tail lights on sites like Amazon, you can find new sets from off-model manufacturers for $250-300, not the $500 that American Muscle is demanding for the Raxiom. Who knows if they're built any better or worse but I was tempted to try a set if Rick's offer hadn't appeared. If I had to guess, I'd bet they're all made by the same manufacturer in China at this point. Everything else is nowadays.
Lee

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Glad to help gents. Yes its a very cheaply made circuit and bare bones, few more hours of R&D and literally a few more cents in component sourcing and quality and you'd have some nice lights.

Anyways, this is my third set of fixed, and got it dialed pretty much. If anyone else has these Raxiom Gen5 tails, you can send me just the module, unscrews with a Phillips and toss in a padded envelope. I have a ton of diodes left as well as power resistors.

Lee's lights had some water protrusion as well as cold solder joints from heat reflowing the solder (my guess) and it was helpful to have his lights in hand despite the $ shipping both ways.

Always glad to help out this forum, people here have done a ton for me over the years,

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back