S650 REVEAL

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by stkjock, Sep 14, 2022.

1. MrBhp

MrBhp Senior Member

Does that rear spoiler look like a bowtie to anyone else???

dark steed likes this.
  2. Midlife Crises

Midlife Crises Senior Member

I kinda like the look. A Camaro with Mustang taillights.

3. Horsn_Around

Horsn_Around Member

Clearly there's absolutely no resemblance whatsoever.
    Screenshot_20220916_181159.jpg Screenshot_20220916_181237.jpg
    Oh wait!
    Yes... you're absolutely right!
    Saw the "Camaro" traits instantly.

Seems like that should be Body Design 101... don't look like your competition!

The headlight/grille section remind of a Kia Optima and maybe a Honda Accord.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  4. Horsn_Around

Horsn_Around Member

^^This^^ doesn't mean that I don't like it.
    Overall, I think I do.

5. crjackson

crjackson Member

I like both the GT and the Dark Horse, but I absolutely hate the dashboard iPads. I want a real instrument cluster, that looks correct for the car. I’m not in the market, but that could be a deal breaker for me. I’d need to see it in person to make a final decision.

I still like the body lines on my 2014 better.

GT R13, Pentalab and Horsn_Around like this.
  6. kazman59

kazman59 King of Kazmania

Charmarostang...

MrBhp and Kev555 like this.
  7. Kev555

Kev555 Member

An IT guy I know who's an S550 owner said the iPad dash is run by the unreal game engine for those of you that know computer games. he said its the first time that this has ever been used in a vehicle.

8. LikeabossTM

LikeabossTM forum member

Epic's unreal is a fantastic development platform. Good stuff.

9. Jack F

Jack F Member

I couldn't agree more. In the late summer of 14 I was in the market for a new Mustang, as I am now. Once I saw the 15 the choice was obvious. The S550 was the worst looking Mustang I had ever seen. Great car, but just looked horrible. I'm in the market again for a new Mustang and the S650 reveal made up my mind. That car is heinous. Makes the S550 look good, even though one is the derivation of the other. So 2022-2023 S550 base GT for me.

crjackson likes this.
  10. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

I like the interior they showed during the reveal.
    I can't believe how much worse it looks in the base-trim cars

Screenshot_20220917-182840.png

11. GT R13

GT R13 Junior Member

I’ll just be keeping my 14. The new horsepower / torque and the ability to run pretty wide tires is nice , but the iPads for the dash just doesn’t do it for me. I guess I’m just fond of the Gen 1 coyote cars (11-14) and the rawness of them. My particular car has a lot of suspension work done and handles very well, but it’ll still tighten you up. Maybe the new gens will look better in person. Bet that darkhorse would be fun to run through the manual transmission tho.

Robert Larimer and crjackson like this.
  12. AztroRover

AztroRover Junior Member

I am afraid the ipad dashes are standard faire now. No going back from them. It's the industry transitioning to the EV future. I watched the revile with some of my high school students, they have had iPads since the cradle, they expect them, it's us oldies that love those analogue dials, they see them like we see rotary phones.

13. Bullittatty

Bullittatty Junior Member

I just got my 2022 gt two weeks ago. I’m getting used to the digital dash and parts of it I like. I have owned an iPad since the day they were first sold. I take mine everywhere. I’m so glad I’m not stuck with that new dash. Give me a clock, a speedometer, and a tach and I’m a happy guy.

AztroRover likes this.
  14. OX1

OX1 forum member

Standard fair is one thing, having it looked like you forgot them until the day of the reveal, then plopped them in there, is another thing entirely.

15. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

2023 BMW M3 dash.
    Apparently the single-wide-glass-display look is spreading

IMG_20220922_174654.jpg

16. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

Welcome to the digital age. :(
    I'm an old fart that still prefers the analog experience. Here's my favourite M3:

c1e9da8b22ac0b129d69652a699af0e6.jpeg

AztroRover, Gabe and crjackson like this.
  17. nyuk98GT

nyuk98GT Infrequent poster

What "Forty61" said. Rear is too angular, hood has very little drop until the last foot or so, the rectangular digital screen is an eyesore, and the S650 is very heavy. This looks more like a refresh than a re-engineered vehicle. Nice HP but it must be generated at something north of 7k RPM and much of it is wasted hauling the extra weight around.

For all the ballyhoo about the S650/next generation, I am disappointed and think Ford should be going back to the drawing board. Maybe it's the last ICE Mustang before the hybrid/turbo shows up and that will be too bad.

Last gripe: "Dark Horse". Is that the best Ford Marketing can do? Get Bullitt and Mach1 models out and forget the Avenger-inspired monikers.

Sorry to be so down on the new model but Ford engineers can do much better.

Chris

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.