Saleen blower VI throttle body upgrade

Davidx9x

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone running a Saleen series vi for the 05-09/10 GT? Been looking to upgrade my throttle body. Is it worth it? You can you really feel the difference in power? If so when does imthe TB work best? Wot? Or through out the RPM range?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mustang1200

Badass
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste the money upgrading the throttle body personally. If you do I'd make sure you stick with an FRPP unit. I don't have first hand experience with this as I avoided, but multiple tuners I've delt with said it was more trouble that it was worth. I was able to make right at 600rwhp and 620rwtq with my Saleen blower. If you want to do anything get the ported lid from JDM.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone running a Saleen series vi for the 05-09/10 GT? Been looking to upgrade my throttle body. Is it worth it? You can you really feel the difference in power? If so when does imthe TB work best? Wot? Or through out the RPM range?

Thanks

David,

Brenspeed was a very large dealer for Saleen when it was rocking and rolling.
Give them a call and ask to speak to George or Brent.

I ran the Saleen Super Shaker for years.

Terry

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
how much boost are you running?

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
I have the FRPP unit. No direct before/after comparison as there were a couple of other mods done at the same time. See sig.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
I ran the FRPP unit on my 06 with a Saleen blower, but you really don't need until you start pushing 500+rwhp, and even then it is probably not necessary.

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
My car with a Saleen blower made 560 rwhp on stock throttle body and when I went to the FRPP TB it made 610 rwhp on 93 octane. Worthwhile upgrade for me.

Davidx9x

forum member
Reaction score
Well as of right now my setup stands like this: 3.4 blower pulley, 39lb injectors, high flow fuel pump, detroit rockers blower cams, kooks catted lts and 4.10s. I am running stock internals and i don't want to go over the limits, keep in mind that i am near border line. Thanks terry, i am currently running a 93 octane brenspeed tune

With this setup i am running around 7lbs of boost +/-.

Question getting a ported lid; is any low end torque lost?

My car with a Saleen blower made 560 rwhp on stock throttle body and when I went to the FRPP TB it made 610 rwhp on 93 octane. Worthwhile upgrade for me.

50hp after a TB upgrade?!? That's insane!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
If you already know you are at the borderline, why mess with it? Are you prepared to build it if it blows? Just wondering.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
7 psi.... a TB is a waste of $$

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine the TB is the bottleneck at 7 psi. I would recommend spending the money on chassis and suspension upgrades. You can shave some weight off the front end with a BMR k member for the price of a TB.

Davidx9x

forum member
Reaction score
7 psi.... a TB is a waste of $$

Not so much a waste of money. it was a trade of a few parts on both sides, the amount i spent was very minimal.

I couldn't imagine the TB is the bottleneck at 7 psi. I would recommend spending the money on chassis and suspension upgrades. You can shave some weight off the front end with a BMR k member for the price of a TB.

The psi i should be running is around 9. With the mods i have, as you guys can imagine, the psi is a bit lower

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
Well as of right now my setup stands like this: 3.4 blower pulley, 39lb injectors, high flow fuel pump, detroit rockers blower cams, kooks catted lts and 4.10s. I am running stock internals and i don't want to go over the limits, keep in mind that i am near border line. Thanks terry, i am currently running a 93 octane brenspeed tune

With this setup i am running around 7lbs of boost +/-.

Question getting a ported lid; is any low end torque lost?

50hp after a TB upgrade?!? That's insane!!!!

IMO leave your setup as is, once you have a built motor get the TB

Davidx9x

forum member
Reaction score
IMO leave your setup as is, once you have a built motor get the TB
i have been told, but as of right now since my car is a DD the build is nowhere near the future. Otherwise i'd be looking into 10% OD balancer or smaller blower pullies. Thanks for the advise.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back