Saleen FI guys, check your blowers.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I felt that the car was running a little slower than normal.
I suspected that the boost bypass valve wasn’t working properly so I decided to remove the lid to inspect it.
This is what I found.

A2_B61_FE4-_CAA4-4039-82_D5-4_B2_D54_E7383_A.jpg
This allows air to bypass the heat exchanger.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
WOW!!! great find! I loved the saleen SC twin screw I had on my 2005. That is a great unit.

rebus

"seeker"
Reaction score
Kind of weak! I found the exact same thing when I purchased mine used. 281 Motorsports said they hadn't seen this, however there are reports out there. Check your AIT. I had mine Tig welded, and so far so good

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Missed this post Peter. You probably don't remember, but I ran into this in 2012 (see thread below). Unfortunately I just noticed my vac at -10 vs. -22. Popped the hood and sure enough the actuator is in the down position while idling, so I know the diaphragm is ripped. Question is what caused it? Pretty sure the welds have held over the last 6 years on the h/e, but never know. I'll be take the s/c top off tomorrow and see if that's the culprit. Did you have to replace your actuator?

https://www.s197forum.com/threads/acceleration-problem.65429/page-3

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Missed this post Peter. You probably don't remember, but I ran into this in 2012 (see thread below). Unfortunately I just noticed my vac at -10 vs. -22. Popped the hood and sure enough the actuator is in the down position while idling, so I know the diaphragm is ripped. Question is what caused it? Pretty sure the welds have held over the last 6 years on the h/e, but never know. I'll be take the s/c top off tomorrow and see if that's the culprit. Did you have to replace your actuator?

https://www.s197forum.com/threads/acceleration-problem.65429/page-3

Nope. The actuator is fine.

lenko

Reaction score
That broken edge of the heat ex changer would cause the round bypass flap to not work correctly where it may not fully open for bypass or close completely for full boost. The broken piece would interfere with it's operation.

Back