Saleen Shaker

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

hopefully soon but no info yet. My Dad is on a plane right now back from SEMA im sure he will have some inside info on it! I have the guys at Speedlab getting ready to price quote, it may take several weeks but they are on top of it. They got a huge response at SEMA and on the forums so far so I know they want to get these things to market. They will first be exclusive through Saleen Speedlab and JDM Engineering!

JimIII

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think I may want to eventually cut a hole in my hood...

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
can it be used with stock motor mounts or does the engine need to be lowered? I am getting away with stock mounts right now....BARELY

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatley no news yet, The guys at speedlab are working on it but i know they are going through a move out there in california. My guess is by spring something will be comming out of the wood works!

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if it will need a tune change from my C+L...

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if it will need a tune change from my C+L...

Yes you will. We are going to test these things before we sell them that way we have good custom tune for everyone.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nuts, I already have a custom dyno tune, and I don't think I am willing to ship this thing to Memphis and back... I may have to wait a few years.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL it may be a while before they have the bugs worked out.

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was leaning towards a turbo or centri until I saw this.... I currently have a shaker..but didnt want to rig it to work with the KB etc... Let us know when you have pricing or availability.... and do you have blower/shaker packages to possibly lower the price of the kit?

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Update

Hi, new to these forums but not to many others.

As it turns out, I have some up to date info on this by accident.

I was picking up my car from Saleen in Irvine today and got the Tour of the shop. I got a close up look at the prototype Shaker for the S/C (close up as in touching it, haha). They are still messing with it and its definitely not ready yet.

The way they have it on there, there is a new plate on the intake, the TB is set back to the rear of the S/C and looks like it will work out pretty well. Once it gets done, it will really be a nice and good looking mod for us Saleen S/C guys.

And I almost took a picture too, dangit.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So the whole top of the intake on the SC is basically turned around? (minus the pulley of course)

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Hi, new to these forums but not to many others.

As it turns out, I have some up to date info on this by accident.

I was picking up my car from Saleen in Irvine today and got the Tour of the shop. I got a close up look at the prototype Shaker for the S/C (close up as in touching it, haha). They are still messing with it and its definitely not ready yet.

The way they have it on there, there is a new plate on the intake, the TB is set back to the rear of the S/C and looks like it will work out pretty well. Once it gets done, it will really be a nice and good looking mod for us Saleen S/C guys.

And I almost took a picture too, dangit.

Welcome to S197forum.

Picture's man, we all live for picture's or video's. LOL

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My Photoshop skills are lacking, but here is a pic

OK,

Don't laugh at my photoshop job, haha.

The Intake is in the back of the supercharger, the retangular area in front is where the plate they are redoing is at. The shaker will come down and go right there into the intake. From best I saw, it looked to be a clean install once they get it finalized. I'll be buying one for sure.

Attachments

• supercharger_body.jpg
    supercharger_body.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 49

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
OK,

Don't laugh at my photoshop job, haha.

The Intake is in the back of the supercharger, the retangular area in front is where the plate they are redoing is at. The shaker will come down and go right there into the intake. From best I saw, it looked to be a clean install once they get it finalized. I'll be buying one for sure.
Where will the MAF sensor go? And I'm assuming there must be an air filter inside the scoop somehow?

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
bah! air filters are for wuss's! Real men take their air straight!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back