Separation plate issue?

1bad65

forum member
Reaction score
My car is making a noise that appears to be a separator plate issue. I'm curious, has anyone here had that problem and how did it happen? Ie, did it do it from the day you bought the car, or did it just suddenly start making noise? Mine has 75k miles on it and it's ran flawlessly so far, but this noise started suddenly. It also started right after I had my cams installed. Could the extra power have caused an issue with the separator plate?

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I suspect he's talking about the plate between the transmission and the engine block. Mine rattled from early on when I owned it and I just bent it a little and stuck some left over rc car silicone hose in the area where it was rattling to stop it.

As for making noise after cams, some people get rattling from their clutch when cams are put in but usually when they are lopey ones and I believe it's generally people with twin disk clutches.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ah, the dust shield on the bellhousing. I have an 07 and mine started rattling at 25k miles about 2 months after installing the 127300 cams.

I also undid the bottom bolts and put some black rtv between the plate and the trans and bolted it backed down, completely fixed it.

1bad65

forum member
Reaction score
I should have said separator plate. My bad. And my cams are 127300 cams.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
If it sounds like its knocking its the TOB. If its a buzz or a rattle, its probably the plate.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
what do you mean???

You can't access the thread from the link I posted or open the attachment in the thread

Last edited:

1bad65

forum member
Reaction score
I got it now. It was opening in a new window and for some reason I wasn't logged in on that new window. Thanks.

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
the dust shield on the bellhousing is it between the tranny and bellhousing or is it between the bellhousing and engine? Because i am getting some really nice rattle when i get on the car a bit and then the rattle dies off but doesnt do it when accelerating normally

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
TRYING TO TRACK DOWN A RATTLE.
hERE IS THE DRIVERS SIDE OF THE h PIPE IS THAT A EXHAUST LEAK.
HPIPE.jpg

hERE IS THE DRIVERS SIDE HEAT SHIELD BY THE h PIPE

SHIELD.jpg

hERE IS THE PASSENGER SIDE HEAT SHIELD.

SHIELDPASS.jpg

tHINK ITS A EXHAUST LEAK BECAUSE IT ONLY RATTLES WHEN I GET ON THE CAR?

ctt326

Brenspeed Hater
Reaction score
My separator plate just randomly started to buzz one day. It would do it on a cold start up and also around 3k rpm if I remember correctly. There are already a few threads on this, and the diy fix is easy.

ctt326

Brenspeed Hater
Reaction score
Yeah that is obviously a pretty serious leak if it has left that much carbon on your heat shield. Idk, looks like you need to push the midpipes back if you can and try to center that clamp.

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
it will not move any further back at least with the over axle pipes stil bolted to the mufflers i guess i will give that a try. Keep in mind the H pipe is a summit cheapo.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back