shelby gt350 wheels fit an 06 s197 lowered 1.5 inch?

Joe88xj

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys I found a set of Shelby gt350 wheels for sale, seller claims they are 19x10 front 19x11 rear. Will these fit an s197 lowered 1.5 inches? Im thinking not but wanted to ask if anybody knows for sure??

Thanks in advance.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
The info I'm finding on them is :

Front: 19" x 10.5", 30mm offset.
Rear: 19" x 11", 62mm offset.

The S197 will accept an 11"-wide rear wheel and the usual offser is about 56-60mm, but I'm pretty sure I've seen offsets as high as 63mm work back there with an 11" wheel. So the rear "should" work.

The front will be trickier. The 10.5" width with the aggressive 30mm offset will push the outer rim of the wheel outward so it's gonna stick out beyond the fender. Some camber plates and aggressive camber settings might fix the issue, but I'm not sure.
My old 20x10's had a 40mm offset and they fit perfectly on the front. I actually wished that they had a 35mm offset option to stick further out a bit.:

42903215260_065c842ae8_o.jpg

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
First thing you need to do is get the seller to confirm that front wheel width - if it really is 10", they're not Ford-original GT350 front wheels (the GT350 came with aluminum 19x10.5/19x11 and the GT350R got carbon fiber 19x11/19x11.5).

The 19x10.5" fronts are supposed to be +30 offset. If that is correct - and I'm pretty sure it's good information ("Official" GT350 Wheel Specs), they should "fit" but the wheel and tire will stick out a little further past the sheetmetal than mine do. Can you live with a little "poke"?

I have some doubts, based on your 1.5" of lowering and what I can show you about my own car, which is not lowered in the following pictures. It's on 18" wheels, which give another half inch tire to sheetmetal clearance in any given tire size than 19's will.

In this picture, camber is -1.9°, so if your camber is closer to -1° the upper part of your tire would be another 10mm or so further out. You will have more than half an inch more wheel to strut clearance than I've got (which is hardly any at all), but that's not going to help your outside situation.

Sneak Preview 800x600 web.jpg

IMG_2178.JPG

Tires in the above picture are 285/35-18 but on their 18x11 wheels they actually measure close to 300. If you run 295's or 305's, the tire bulge may be a little wider, but only a little. Tire tread width is probably going to be the limiting factor in what you can run. I suppose if you're braver than I am about DIY bodywork it'd be possible to very carefully roll the fender flares out a little.

What's a "gt250"?:hidesbehindsofa::rofl:

Norm

Last edited:

ApexRaceParts

forum member
Reaction score
You will have issues with the rear bumpstop bracket contacting the inner lip of the wheel when the rear suspension is unloaded with a +62mm offset. Our 11" wide wheels feature a +52mm offset which would sit 10mm further towards the outside of the vehicle, and sometimes will contact that bracket, depending on what tires are mounted. The fronts will fit okay, could rub a little on the outside, again tire dependent, but will have good clearance on the inside.

If you really want to run this setup, I would get a small spacer for the rear, something around 5-8mm thick.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Or you can cut the bumpstop/shipping tiedown bracket flush, leaving just the bottom of it in place to give the bumpstop something to contact. I suspect my 18x11 rear wheels have more than +52 offset, but definitely less than +62, so a spacer somewhere between 5 and 8 mm would put the inside face of your +62's about where that of my wheels is. I don't get any rubbing at datalogged lateral g's up into the 1.3x range.

I also shortened the shock boots.

Rear bumpstop bracket mod picture 1.jpg Rear bumpstop bracket mod picture 2.jpg

Norm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back