Side scoops, are they just taped on or screwed on?

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
I hate the fake side scoops, and even though it is part of the California Special package I wanna remove them. I don't wanna ruin them though. Does anybody know if the factory just taped these on, or if they used any screws? Can't really tell, but I am thinking just tape?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I have no idea but I got a price from a reputable body shop to remove them for $100. I figured that was safer than me trying it and doing more than $100 in damages.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
very strong double sided tape, no screws. fishing line will cut right through the tape, followed by heat (please be careful how much) WD40, and lots of elbow grease will remove the residue. then clean and protect the area with your favorite wax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
very strong double sided tape, no screws. fishing line will cut right through the tape, followed by heat (please be careful how much) WD40, and lots of elbow grease will remove the residue. then clean and protect the area with your favorite wax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, good news. Thanks...

arabbit

12 inch member
Reaction score
I thought the California Specials had them taped on AND a screw inside?

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Don't know it they are like mine were but mine were put on with an industrial grade velcro. But it was like plastic fingers instead of the fiber stuff. I just pulled mine right off. The velcro strips were on pieces of tape so they werent stuck to the paint and such. 10 min of work for me.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back