Side skirts

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by Kev555, Aug 8, 2022.

  1. Kev555

    Kev555 Member

    Hi all, I have a friend who has a 2012 S197 who needs a set of standard side skirts or rocker covers as they are sometimes called in the US. He has looked on line in the usual places in US but has said they are colossal expensive to buy and ship to Ireland. can anybody point me to a breakers yard or similar where they might be picked up cheaper?
  2. RetDrumSgt

    RetDrumSgt Member

    Can anyone post a picture of a skirt on a Mustang. I must be thinking of the wrong thing. Only skirts I recall on cars where back in the 50's & 60's. Don't every recall seeing a skirt on a Mustang.
  3. mustangGT90210

    mustangGT90210 Junior Member

    The skirt area in question is the panel that runs under the door, from the back of the front wheel opening, to the front of the rear wheel opening. on '10-'12 cars, they are black.
  4. xeninworx

    xeninworx Member

    Rocker panel.
  5. Iceman62

    Iceman62 Bullitt 6005

  6. RetDrumSgt

    RetDrumSgt Member

    OK, Thanks. I had them on my 1970 Mach I. That was 52 years ago and I don't recall what they were called at that time. I paid $4200. brand new for the car.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.