So pissed, in panic mode! Road shit on car won't come off!

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
So 2 days ago I ran across something on the road, it was slick and looked like oil. Took it directly to the touch free wash, it also rained like hell 2 hours later. FFW to today and I notice shit all over the side of the passenger side. So i get out the car wash and try a small spot, no results, hooked up the hot water used dawn and let it soak, no results. My paint feels like sand paper, its all over the wheel wells and under the car as well. I'm at my end with this, the car is a month old and I just can't keep it fresh, neighbors cats love to get on it at night, the dealership ran it in a roto wash, now this shit. Black is a mother fucker.

What have you used to get the worst of the worst off?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
WD-40? and as for Black? Get ready to polish it after the swirl marks are left behind!

cschoening09

forum member
Reaction score
isoprophol alcohol. I didn't spell that right. but that stuff will take off about any adhesive property, and not harm your clear coat. dilute it about 3:1. that's iff the clay bar doesn't take it off

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
Took it by the body shop today. They used every chemical the have on it, nothing removed it just made it turn white. The lead body guy at planet Ford buffed a small area and got it off. They want $360 to buff the car and remove whatever in the hell this shit is, and to repaint the rockers.

I have 0 experience with a Da, I don't want to kill my month old car. How bad could it be though? I don't know what to do, pay the dealer to buff it off, and hope they don't swirl the fuck out of it, or give it a go myself.

AK83

forum member
Reaction score
Took it by the body shop today. They used every chemical the have on it, nothing removed it just made it turn white. The lead body guy at planet Ford buffed a small area and got it off. They want $360 to buff the car and remove whatever in the hell this shit is, and to repaint the rockers.

I have 0 experience with a Da, I don't want to kill my month old car. How bad could it be though? I don't know what to do, pay the dealer to buff it off, and hope they don't swirl the fuck out of it, or give it a go myself.

Don't pay them, save that $360 for the stuff to do it yourself. DA polisher is so simple to use, I used it with no experienced, just read Seer's postie.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
I'm just curious what the heck you got on your car...unless it's paint, I've never had anything sling on the car that I couldn't get off.

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
I called Texdot and Montgomery county, its on the road for a solid 12 miles. They said I was the only one calling about it. I call BS, I see lots of high end cars there all the time. I know someone is fighting this UBER CRUD just like me. My best educated guess is it's some sort of polymer, petroleum based, but highly solvent resistant. I am stumped. I swear I am not ment to have a nice black mustang.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Black is so unforgiving if you screw up. I'd let the pros or whoever you trust do it.

Black is easy to paint but hard to clean. Good luck.

$360 is chump change compared to you burning the paint. Lol.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
You said at Planet Ford... I wouldnt trust any dealership to touch any of my cars. The body shops that do buffing are known for quick turnarounds and a large amount of cars in a day, not good work. Your car will most likely come out swirled worse than it is now.

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
As of now its not swirled, just coated in some nasty ass shit. I'm sick, but my wife did say I could get a paint job after we get back from Kew West.

Last edited:

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
As of now its not swirled, just coated in some nasty add shit. I'm sick, but my wife did say I could get a paint job after we get back from Kew West.

Yeah exactly. They will get the stuff off of the car but it will most likely come back with holograms all over it. Ive seen it way to many times.

BHD

forum member
Reaction score
I got the same issue on my dad's Benz, behind the front wheels right above the skirt he got some stubborn shit stuck on his paint, I found out it was paint, it seems he drove right next to a construction area and some paint must have found its way on the paint, just like driving over mud.

I tried Iron X, Clay, White-spirit, Isopropyl and nothing worked. Ended up with wet sanding. Use a fine grade sand, the finest you can get like 1005 and 2005, try them both, follow it with proper correction by polishing the fender, if you don't have experience in that take it to a shop and suggest that.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Post up some pictures of it. Seer can probably suggest what chemicals to try on it.

5iv

Homo 3.7 and 4.0 owner
Reaction score
I covered my car in tar on accident. I just put a little gasoline and a spray bottle, sprayed it on and wiped it off just like that.

However looking back I'm not completely sure dousing my car in gasoline was such a great idea.

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Definitely post some pictures. I'm interested to see what it possibly could be after no avail

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back