So pissed, in panic mode! Road shit on car won't come off!

KonaBlue11

forum member
Reaction score
He did a good job knocking down a lot of the swirl marks for you too.

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation, my mom ran over what seems like paint. I've tried WD40, IPA, clay, polishing with Meguiars M105 and M205, and nothing has seemed to work. It's EVERYWHERE. It'll scratch off with your nail, but clay didn't work at all.

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

Thankfully her car is silver so you can't see it unless you're up close.

Last edited:

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation, my mom ran over what seems like paint. I've tried WD40, IPA, clay, polishing with Meguiars M105 and M205, and nothing has seemed to work. It's EVERYWHERE. It'll scratch off with your nail, but clay didn't work at all.

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

Try lacquer thinner. You will have to buff the paint afterwards though it will leave some hazing.

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

Seems like the same shit. Nothing will remove it, buffing and compounding is the only way. I home Opti coat or the C'Quartz helps keep this kinda shit from sticking. My car is a DD so its going to see lots of road shit in the future.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I had to remove some crap like that recently. Only thing that worked well was getting it a little wet with paint thinner, and using a fingernail to scrape it off, without digging into the paint. Then wiping it clean with the thinner. Then when done, wash well and polish/wax.

For a large area, that wouldn't be practical, though.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great now! These horror stories are making a full body wrap real appealing. (Never happen though...)

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Son of a bitch, that looks like the same crap I got on mine. Luckily just the front corner of the front bumper, but I'm still pissed about it years after it happened. I just worry about going too rough on the plastic bumper...I know they use softer paint on that than on the body panels.

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
Plastic razorblades didn't work well for me today, so I just started to try stuff. I noticed when I took my 1/4 window louvers off, that the Aircraft Decal and Adhesive Remover basically melted the 3M tape away and didn't affect my paint. So, I took that stuff, sprayed it on and wiped away. It basically wiped away like detail spray. I figured it would be better to try and safer on paint than the paint thinner.

ead908image.jpg

Wiped it all nice and clean, waxed, and now it looks much better.

Last edited:

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good! Black is absolutely gorgeous when it's cleaned up, polished, and waxed. Sadly 30 minutes later there's visible dust on it and after the first wash/dry you can usually see small swirls again. I'm so glad I got rid of my black car.

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
Got burb done too.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370434506769.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370434506769.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 7
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370434528913.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370434528913.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 10

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
Looks good! Black is absolutely gorgeous when it's cleaned up, polished, and waxed. Sadly 30 minutes later there's visible dust on it and after the first wash/dry you can usually see small swirls again. I'm so glad I got rid of my black car.

I hope the CQuartz helps keep them down. I hate swirls :(

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back