Some of my art!

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Figured I would share a few pieces of my work, I do a lot of random drawing, painting, designing stickers etc. but lately I’ve been doing more of the painting specifically.

The skateboards I picked up for free at a skate shop out in Lubbock, figured recycling them and turning them into artwork for the wall was better than just throwing them away. I try to preserve the edges, backgrounds or stickers if possible to show a little of their ‘story’ if you will...

DC548648-E516-45F1-A64E-FBFE731C92CC.jpeg 17269393-6BF5-4C4B-ACFC-B6D4B925B9EC.jpeg F5CD0F04-CA33-4CA1-8196-3824D2E11D52.jpeg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Almost as good as Hunter Biden's stuff. Damn near a million dollars worth of art there!

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Pretty cool, especially the recycled skateboards. What type of paints did you use? My son has a few boards taking up space in the garage...might want to make them something of a memory/gift...

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Pretty cool, especially the recycled skateboards. What type of paints did you use? My son has a few boards taking up space in the garage...might want to make them something of a memory/gift...

I cleaned them and sanded them in any super rough spots, laid down a coat of matte white spray paint for a consistent base and then did the actual painting with just the cheapest acrylics and brushes I could find at Walmart. I did it as kind of an experiment and since it worked so well I just stuck with it. For the ones that retain the original background I masked them out before spraying the base down, super basic stuff.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back