Spaz'z 2015 SRT8 Challenger

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Thanks bro. Not to keen on Fiat either, but this is a pretty nice ride.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
We need more vids, maybe an in car vid? I cannot recall if you had a mustang or not, but how would you rate this car against previous cars?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
We need more vids, maybe an in car vid? I cannot recall if you had a mustang or not, but how would you rate this car against previous cars?

I have own several Mustangs and several Challengers.

On the Mustang side, I had a 64.5, one 2007 GT Premium, three 2013 GT Premiums, and one 2013 GT500 which I still have.

On the Challenger side, I had one 2008 SRT, one 2014 SRT, one 2015 SXT (current), and one 2015 SRT which is the one this thread is about.

So, with the good mix of cars I've owned, I think I can give a pretty honest comparison.

Regardless of what vehicle I have ever owned, hands down, no questions asked, the S197 Mustang has been the absolute best all around and dollar per value. Especially once they started putting the 5.0 in them. Off the showroom floor, they were beating every other stock muscle car in their category. Drag, road course, didn't matter. You can buy a $29k GT and a $42 Camaro, Charger, Challenger, etc., and for less money, the Mustang is gonna win.

The biggest problem with comparing the Mustang and the SRT8 specifically is, they are not really in the same category. A GT and RT would be. But, I will try anyway.

The Mustang GT is smaller, lighter, has a better center of gravity than the SRT. That gives it an advantage. However, the Challenger has IRS, is low slung, has much better suspension and that really helps make-up for the extra weight.

The SRT has much better braking and wheels/tires off the showroom floor too. When it comes to racing, this is going to make a big improvement in road course style racing.

When it comes to comfort, hands down, the SRT is way more comfortable to drive. The automatic tuning suspension, plush interior and sound deadening is incredible. Much better than the S197.

When it come to power and straight line acceleration... Compared to the SRT, the GT simply doesn't stand a chance. The Challenger may be heavier, but it has a much better torque to weight ratio, leading to much faster 0-60 and 0-100 times. I could never get my stock GT's to run any faster than a 4.5 0-60. My last SRT did it in 3.94 seconds.

Now... if someone said, Spaz... you can only keep one car, the GT500 or the SRT... I'm keeping the Shelby. It will spank the SRT the same way the SRT beat the GT.

Bottom line, both the GT and the SRT are great cars. The SRT is a bit more cost wise and seems to be lost between the GT and the GT500. I picked the Challenger over the GT, but I doubt the Hellcat will replace the GT500.

This is how I see the line-up.

Mustang = Challenger SXT
Mustang GT = Challenger RT
????? = Challenger SRT
Mustang GT500 = Challenger SRT Hellcat

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Yeah I do see the line-up the same way.

I'd attempt to compare the former Boss 302 to the 392 SRT but I still don't think it really lines up in an equal comparison.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Hmmm. Maybe the Laguna Seca Boss 302 (legacy) or the GT350 (future) could come close, but I don't know enough about either to affirmatively say they are competive models to the SRT.

I made the comparison above assuming the LS Boss has the same power plant, even though there are brake and suspension upgrades. As for as the GT350, it will likely be much more powerful due to the blower.

No real direct competitors, but close on either side.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Marc-ever had any vette's?

I don't think the GT350 is going to have a blower....at least not for 2015.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Maybe the Laguna Seca Boss 302 (legacy) or the GT350 (future) could come close, but I don't know enough about either to affirmatively say they are competive models to the SRT.

I made the comparison above assuming the LS Boss has the same power plant, even though there are brake and suspension upgrades. As for as the GT350, it will likely be much more powerful due to the blower.

No real direct competitors, but close on either side.

Yeah, no blower on the GT350. NA 5.2

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Nope, never owned a Vette. I almost bought one in 2007, but I am disabled and could hardly get out of it. Bought my first S197 instead.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
gotcha....that was another thing I was surprised at when I sat in one at a car show, getting old and sitting that low makes getting in/out hard.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Nope, never owned a Vette. I almost bought one in 2007, but I am disabled and could hardly get out of it. Bought my first S197 instead.

Despite my thin bone structure I've never accomplished getting out of a Corvette without falling out of the door. Hell I do that most days when I get out of the Mustangs... sometimes I think I picked the wrong vehicle to own.

lol

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Yeah. I have issues.

IZPcV.gif

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
LOL... you guys are too funny.

I didn't realize the GT350 was NA. For some reason I thought it was boosted in some way.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Man...it sure is nice having the best of both worlds Mustang/Challenger isn't it lol? I just can't get over how awesome your SRT looks!:beer:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Timbo-your's looks really good as well, the stripes really set it off.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did it come like that from the factory or did you have it done?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back