Spaz'z 2015 SRT8 Challenger

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats. Got a buddy with a R/T and he just rows through the gears on that car. Wish my 3V would have shifted like that. I know you'll have fun with it. Too bad it's a boat though. He made it fast by throwing a 150 shot of NAWWWWWS on it

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
The R/T drives nice, but it is a dog in the 1/4 with the 5.7L. I see some guys get excited at 13.5's.

The SRT8 with the 6.4L/392ci engine is pretty fast for stock. It's not unusual for SRT8's to run very low 12's 100% factory stock down to the street tires. DR's will net you 11.9... maybe 11.8. Mild mods like a tune and DR's are netting as low as 11.4's.

I only have 570 miles on the car and tonight I rolled a 3.81 zero to 60 on the sub-freezing roads with a full tank of gas and two other people in the car with me. Once I have about 1,500 miles on it and MIR opens, I am going to test it out and see what happens.

GTX86

forum member
Reaction score
The R/T drives nice, but it is a dog in the 1/4 with the 5.7L. I see some guys get excited at 13.5's.

The SRT8 with the 6.4L/392ci engine is pretty fast for stock. It's not unusual for SRT8's to run very low 12's 100% factory stock down to the street tires. DR's will net you 11.9... maybe 11.8. Mild mods like a tune and DR's are netting as low as 11.4's.

I only have 570 miles on the car and tonight I rolled a 3.81 zero to 60 on the sub-freezing roads with a full tank of gas and two other people in the car with me. Once I have about 1,500 miles on it and MIR opens, I am going to test it out and see what happens.

Wow. I didn't know a tune made that big of a difference on them. When my alternator went out on my way to FL a few months ago, the mechanic who worked on my car had a 392 and I remember him saying he was running low 11s with DRs, bolt-ons and a tune. I wasn't sure if I believed him because I didn't know better at the time but I guess he wasn't bullshitting.

I went to an auto show in SC earlier this month and Chrysler was having a test drive event. I got the chance to get behind the wheel of a 2015 Challenger R/T Scat Pack auto and came away impressed. The exhausted sounded incredible for a factory car. The guide actually let me get on it a couple of times and it felt really strong. Awesome interior, too.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought Dodge had the ECU's locked? Who is tuning them and what do they use? SCT?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I only have 570 miles on the car and tonight I rolled a 3.81 zero to 60 on the sub-freezing roads with a full tank of gas and two other people in the car with me.
Once I have about 1,500 miles on it and MIR opens,
I am going to test it out and see what happens.

That's going to be interesting.
I hope you can do a video for us to watch the action. :hi:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I thought Dodge had the ECU's locked? Who is tuning them and what do they use? SCT?

I believe diablo

I don't think Diablo or SCT has anything for 15's except for some Fords, but but they both have everything up to the 14's unlocked including the SRT8's.

That's going to be interesting.
I hope you can do a video for us to watch the action. :hi:

Most definitely. I may need to teach the wife how to film the car for me.

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
He did 11.6 @120 with a 150 shot, 17" DRs and whatever anti-hop suspension crap they have for them. I suspect he'll be low 11s this season with the new stuff he's been working on

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back