Starlink Satellite Internet System

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Mach2burnout, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Mach2burnout

Mach2burnout 05 Redfire GT

I just received mine on Friday. Has anyone else here tried this system? I live out in the country and have only one choice for Internet. And it sucks!

Existing internet is:
    5.41 mps download
    0.41 mps upload

To watch any movie or net tv of any kind you have to wait on buffering multiple times. If others in the house or on the Internet your done.

Just want to get others experience with this unit. I have 30 days to get a refund, but I really want it to work. Plan to hook up this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ILW84U

ILW84U Senior Member S197 Team Member

I don't have personal experience yet, but from people I know who have it you will never look back. Speeds of 90-100 mbps at the least. For now my order says it will be available in my area April 2022.

3. Mach2burnout

I was a little surprised we got ours this soon. We are usually the last to get anything!

I read some reviews that say, even if it’s not good at first, give it some time to adjust and find the best satellite. Sometimes as much as 2-3 weeks to get best service. Only a few bad reviews that I’ve seen.

4. Mach2burnout

Well, I’ll have to say it’s pretty dang awesome!

Especially compared the crap I had!

crjackson likes this.
  5. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

how fast? I did see a tweet from Musk yesterday about having 250,000 installed terminals.

6. Mach2burnout

Immediately upon connecting it, it’s a good 10 times faster than my existing internet which is Centurylink.

Centurylink:

5.41 mps download
    0.41 mps upload

Starlink:

56.88 mps download
    12.xx mps upload

7. Forty61

Forty61 forum member

First I’ve heard of it.. how much is it, both the setup and monthly cost?

Our internet isn’t as bad as yours was but it’s also not necessarily cheap. We don’t have many options out here either.

8. Mach2burnout

Google Starlink and go to the website. It in your address and it will tell you if there is service in your area or if it is expected in the near future.

$100 deposit
    $400 when system ships to you.

$100 a month

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.