Stock shaker 500 issue

xmoweryx

Reaction score
I'm gonna be swapping to aftermarket head unit. But in the mean time I'm having an issue where the driver door subs work intermittent. Normally I can just hit the power button on stock radio a few times on and off and then it will start working. So this sound like a radio issue? Stock radio already has problem. The cd player doesnt work. And the aux cord doesnt work either. So I figured its just throwing in the towel.

What do you think?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Sounds like you've already chosen a fix (swap)...

IMO, do it right & replace "everything" w/ your HU (e.g. wires & all).

oldtexasdog

Reaction score
I am having exactly the same problem and was wondering about the best fix along with how to get my CD’s out of the head unit?

xmoweryx

Reaction score
I am having exactly the same problem and was wondering about the best fix along with how to get my CD’s out of the head unit?
Besides ripping the cd player apart I'm not sure. I've already decided that I'm not getting them back [emoji1787]

xmoweryx

Reaction score
Sounds like you've already chosen a fix (swap)...

IMO, do it right & replace "everything" w/ your HU (e.g. wires & all).
I'm replacing the hardness behind it. As far as the speaker wires running to my door, I'm gonna try to leave them unless I run into the same issue after replacing head unit

DieHarder

Reaction score
I've seen youtube videos that describe how to get them out. It worked for me.

oldtexasdog

Reaction score
Besides ripping the cd player apart I'm not sure. I've already decided that I'm not getting them back [emoji1787]

That’s what they do on this unit on U-Tube. Might as well replace the head unit at that point. Best head unit option anyone?

Rich

Reaction score
This one work great for me but I like the stock look so I went back to the stock head unit.

20201228_182008.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back