STS Turbo

Discussion in '2005+ Mustang GT 4.6L Tech' started by Rod, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Rod

Rod forum member

I want one of these, but i have a midmuffler with side exhaust. Anyone have the sts turbo setup with side exhaust?

2. retfr8flyr

retfr8flyr The Old One S197 Team Member

I wouldn't recommend the STS system it has a bad problem with the oil pump setup and it also will not work with your side exhaust. If you want something underneath the car go with the system SD has, it could be tied into a side exhaust but a side exhaust setup will cost you lots of HP with any turbo setup because of the restriction to flow. I think Cragar is now doing the marketing for SD's system.

Earl

3. Cobra SS

Cobra SS forum member

4. US-1

US-1 Banned

5. Rod

Rod forum member

Surely they have fixed that problem by now.

6. 07 s197

07 s197 forum member

7. Kris_H

Kris_H forum member

You'd think so...

A buddy of mine is running the STS kit on his shop's '06. Nothing but problems with the oil pump. He's also torn several silicone couplers going up driveways because the kit hangs so low. Also, the turbos sound like kazoos...not very subtle or turbo-like at all. I'm not impressed.

8. mykim72

mykim72 forum member

haha sounds about right...i cant even make it into my own garage anymore...if could do it all over again...id go with a hellion or a heritage kit...

9. 08GT/CS

08GT/CS Junior Member

I have the STS kit with a mid muffler, but I don't see how you could keep the side exhaust. The turbo sits where the stock muffler was and the exit flange is right near the rear bumper, facing aft. You would need custom pipes with sharp bends in an already crowded area.

I have not had any problems with the oil scavenge pump or with anything hitting the ground (it's lowered 1-1.5").

10. US-1

US-1 Banned

Surely they have not. Plus, the damn turbos are in the back of the car. Kills the velocity of the exhaust gasses. Also, the distance kills the boost. I've had my car on a dyno with an STS Mustang on the other side of the shop. At 8 psi my car was 45 hp better than the STS.

You'd have to call Rick at Exile for an exact price but should be somewhere in the $7500 range.

11. jroc07gt

jroc07gt its orange not yellow!!

12. US-1

US-1 Banned

Photographer stepped on it during the install process. Didn't have another one around so Rick used it anyway. I thought he was going to bash the guy with a crescent wrench.

13. Racer X

Racer X forum member

How is the overall drivability on the Exile Heritage kit? I have been researching this kit all day, and I absolutely WANT it. Looks like awesome fitment, cool factor 10+, looks like great power. I am sold. This kit is def. available, right?

14. US-1

US-1 Banned

Driving the kit around town you won't know it is there as long as you keep your foot out of the firewall. I get 19 mpg in town and 25 mpg on the highway with 3.31 gears. Take the kid to school...drive to work & back (a 120 mile round trip) with a/c and stereo going in Houston traffic. No problem. The kit is no longer available from Exile. It is on the shelf at Team Performance. I spoke with Tom Nelson from Team yesterday. He has four kits ready to ship right now. PM me and I will get you the contact info.

15. jdlatil

jdlatil Twin Srew Driver

Wish i could get my hands on one of the last four on the shelf.

16. 07 Boss

07 Boss Senior Member

Well do you really think they have one on the shelf after 5 YEARS?

17. cbracoupe

cbracoupe forum member

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

18. JeremyH

JeremyH 3V Fuel Guru S197 Team Member

LOL dead thread revival!

19. weather man

weather man Persistance Is A Bitch S197 Team Member

[​IMG]

20. retfr8flyr

retfr8flyr The Old One S197 Team Member

As others have pointed out, this thread is 5 years old. If you are really interested in an under car system then contact the boys at S&H Performance. They have one of the best turbo systems available and it's all hidden.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.