Summit Point, Shenandoah Circuit

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Yes I did drive w/hydraulic. Ist time ar the Glen, I blew out the PS pump, second time, blew out the pump and.the rack. lol This is the same saginaw 2 pump that the corvette guys fry on track.
EPAS is wierd at first with the lack of feel for what the front end is doing. That said, Im starting to adjust. Relying more on the "seat of the pants" feeling and tire squeel as feedback to sub for the lost feedback.
Need to find hacked rack firmware. lol

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Thanks . . . Our new WRX has EPAS, but it's an AWD car and I'm only street driving it so my experience is definitely limited. I *think* I'm getting a tiny bit of feel in harder cornering, compared to none at all (with some synthetic steering "weight") driving at a more normal pace, but nothing that would be tremendously confidence-inspiring up around 1.2g.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Shenandoah looks like a very technical and challenging course. I wonder if autocross experience might be of more value there than at faster and more open tracks.

Norm

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, very tight and very technical. I do have plans to go back to Summit Point. I still only done the Jefferson circuit on a bike. (Gsxr 750) And ofcourse to improve laptimes. Not much left for the Main circuit, but I think Shenandoah I can shave some seconds.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back