Suspension Recommendations

byblazed

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been lurking on here a while but don't post much. I have a 2014 GT/CS that I have done a bit of work to. The rear suspension is all done in BMR, I will list what is there below. Everything else in the suspension is stock. I am looking to lower the car and replace the front control arms, springs and shocks all the way around. I was looking at the Steeda kit with the camber plates and their lower control arms with the "better" ball joints. I am also running 305/30ZR20 in the rear on 20 X 11 +55 offset wheels. Everything done in the rear is listed below. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

BMR Suspension 05-2014 Mustang On-Car Adjustable Lower Control Arms with Poly/Rod End Bushing Combo (Black Hammertone) (TCA021H)

BMR Suspension 2005-2014 Mustang Bolt-in Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets (Black Hammertone) (CAB005H)

BMR Suspension Upper Control Arm Dual-Durometer Rear End Bushing Kit (EN001)

BMR Suspension 2011-2014 Mustang Adjustable Upper Control Arm with Poly Bushing (Black Hammertone) (UTCA032)

BMR Suspension 2011-2014 Mustang Upper Control Arm Mount (Black Hammertone) (UCM002H)

BMR Suspension 05-2014 Mustang Poly/Rod On-Car Adjustable Panhard Rod (Black Hammertone) (PHR013H)

8sec_lx

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been lurking on here a while but don't post much. I have a 2014 GT/CS that I have done a bit of work to. The rear suspension is all done in BMR, I will list what is there below. Everything else in the suspension is stock. I am looking to lower the car and replace the front control arms, springs and shocks all the way around. I was looking at the Steeda kit with the camber plates and their lower control arms with the "better" ball joints. I am also running 305/30ZR20 in the rear on 20 X 11 +55 offset wheels. Everything done in the rear is listed below. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

BMR Suspension 05-2014 Mustang On-Car Adjustable Lower Control Arms with Poly/Rod End Bushing Combo (Black Hammertone) (TCA021H)

BMR Suspension 2005-2014 Mustang Bolt-in Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets (Black Hammertone) (CAB005H)

BMR Suspension 2011-2014 Mustang Adjustable Upper Control Arm with Poly Bushing (Black Hammertone) (UTCA032)

BMR Suspension 2011-2014 Mustang Upper Control Arm Mount (Black Hammertone) (UCM002H)

BMR Suspension 05-2014 Mustang Poly/Rod On-Car Adjustable Panhard Rod (Black Hammertone) (PHR013H)

If you're going for handling, I would recommend Maximum Motorsports Road and Track springs and Bilstein HD shocks/struts. I can't speak w/first hand experience on the a arms or ball joints, but I have the parts I mentioned on my car and they rock.

In previous times w/my car, I drag raced and had a good experience with BMR drag springs, single adjustable strange struts and Viking warrior shocks. I went 1.32 - 60' with those. I would stiffen up the struts and loosen the shocks for street driving. If you're really gonna get into drag racing, an anti roll bar is a must. Bmr makes a bolt in anti roll bar that works well. It was a part of my recipe.

My $.02

TylersCoyote

Reaction score
I think 20s are a bit too big for a track setup to be really effective. Anyway, which suspension did you go with? I am kind of in the process of choosing a lowering kit for my 2012. I have 19s

larry Stark

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been lurking on here a while but don't post much. I have a 2014 GT/CS that I have done a bit of work to. The rear suspension is all done in BMR, I will list what is there below. Everything else in the suspension is stock. I am looking to lower the car and replace the front control arms, s-prings and shocks all the way around. I was looking at the Steeda kit with the camber plates and their lower control arms with the "better" ball joints. I am also running 305/30ZR20 in the rear on 20 X 11 +55 offset wheels. Everything done in the rear is listed below. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

I just spent 2 years building my 2011 GT into a track day car. I learned a lot of lessons along the way. Your BMR rear set up is fine. I went with Ford "K" springs which lowered the car 1.5" all around in combination with Koni sport shocks. Because car is lowered I went with Steeda front lower control arms with extended ball joints combined with their bump steer kit. I used J&M camber plates. I have a 35mm BMR SB022R front bar and an 18mm rear Cortex bar. I have a garage full of 22,24,26mm rear bars that don't work. 20" rims are not a good choice. Best choice are 18" rims for tire availability. I went with Apex 10" wide EC-7 19" rims because I'm running 2018 GT 500 brakes.

TylersCoyote

Reaction score
I guess you're right about the tire availability, It's time to refresh the tires on mine but they all seem to br pretty expensive compared to the 18s, so I may just change the rims to 18"s. Do you have 18x10 all around or a staggered setup?

larry Stark

Reaction score
I guess you're right about the tire availability, It's time to refresh the tires on mine but they all seem to br pretty expensive compared to the 18s, so I may just change the rims to 18"s. Do you have 18x10 all around or a staggered setup?

I am running 19x10 Apex EC-7 rims because I have Brembo 6 piston calipers where there are only a few sets of wheels that will fit over the Brembos.

Back