Tesla Sales Banned in Texas... Colorado, NC and Virgina following...

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is aw this video today and thought I would share... I really like his view on car sales, like an apple store. It's this price and xxx amount for this add on. No haggle and straight to the point..

Last edited:

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
It's funny. Australia has a similar problem and it's protected by the government. It's a problem if not everyone gets a piece of the pie.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
My Dad and I visited a Tesla store. It is very much like Apple. No pressure from the people there, they want to tell you about it, and let the product sell itself.

topbliss

Reaction score
If you gave me a Tesla, Id sell it.. His dealership model will not work. For instance, where and who does warranty and repair work on a tesla if its basically an Apple store?

I, for one, would miss classical auto dealerships if they go away

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
The fact that you sometimes have to walk out of a dealership before the sales guy comes chasing you back and tells you "let me speak to the manager, see what we can do" then he goes and gets a cup of coffee, pretends to argue with the manager and gives me the price I wanted.

Tells me there is a problem with the current model, though not all dealerships are like that.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
If you gave me a Tesla, Id sell it.. His dealership model will not work. For instance, where and who does warranty and repair work on a tesla if its basically an Apple store?

I, for one, would miss classical auto dealerships if they go away

I'm sure they have a place to do waranty work. Apple stores do repairs and warranty work on their products. I don't see the issue. I for one HATE sales people. I want to punch them in the face when they are trying to sell me something and basically act like i'm the stupidest person in the world.

edit: Its also a travesty that this man can't run his buisness in the model of his choosing. Forcing someone into a franchise is just insane. If nobody is allowed to try anything different, how can it get better?

Last edited:

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
lol... This is one of the challenges with to much government. Country of the free my ass. Why not allow both or multiple versions? Heck, the dealership I buy from has no haggling. Similar concept to Tesla. The price is the price (Hanging from the windshield). And it is a Ford/Lincoln dealership.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
An excellent example of the continual erosion of our liberty.

Franchise law...? That's like the extortion of licencing business. Take barbers for e example... to cut hair one needs a license. What did we do for thousands of years before licencing?

It's called government intrusion into free market exchange and the clearest example of controlling competition.

Elon's comments at the end are absolutely right. It's perverted!

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
An excellent example of the continual erosion of our liberty.

Franchise law...? That's like the extortion of licencing business. Take barbers for e example... to cut hair one needs a license. What did we do for thousands of years before licencing?

It's called government intrusion into free market exchange and the clearest example of controlling competition.

Elon's comments at the end are absolutely right. It's perverted!

I agree with you 100%, except for what Elon said at the end. The USA is not a Democracy, so those thoughts are irrelevant.

Still a huge overreach by the government.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I want to know what's the difference between what tesla does and what Carmax does? No haggle price. I guess the dealerships are just mad that it's not franchised. It goes to show that everything is political. Banning the sale of a vehicle because it's not through a dealership is ridiculous.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
I want to know what's the difference between what tesla does and what Carmax does? No haggle price. I guess the dealerships are just mad that it's not franchised. It goes to show that everything is political. Banning the sale of a vehicle because it's not through a dealership is ridiculous.

Carmax is a bit different. Essentially Tesla would have to sell to a dealership, who would mark it up and sell the car. He wants to cut the middle man out and sell direct. It would be like the government telling me I HAD TO sell my kits thru American Muscle. Only thing I see here is it will keep tax revenue out of Texas, and prevent jobs. If selling direct wouldn't work, let him find out the hard way.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I think that the dealerships are worried that this might be the model of the future. Not the car, but the way that it is sold. The current model is terrible. Let me go talk to my manager. You do that, and when you get back, I won't be sitting here....

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%, except for what Elon said at the end. The USA is not a Democracy, so those thoughts are irrelevant.

Still a huge overreach by the government.

I usually like to point that out, so thanks. Democracy is simply mob rule with a polite name.

He should have focused on liberty. Nonetheless, our nation was founded as a federal republic but it operates more and more like a democracy as states have abdicated their sovereignty and two-party politics has poisoned the political discourse. Never mind the imperial executive branch. We're in rapid decline.

Besides, isn't he a foreign national?

Last edited:

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
Carmax is a bit different. Essentially Tesla would have to sell to a dealership, who would mark it up and sell the car. He wants to cut the middle man out and sell direct. It would be like the government telling me I HAD TO sell my kits thru American Muscle. Only thing I see here is it will keep tax revenue out of Texas, and prevent jobs. If selling direct wouldn't work, let him find out the hard way.

Another opportunity; set up a store to sell just outside the state and establish maintenance/warranty shops in the state so people will still buy your product in the anti entrepreneur state.

Business always finds a way to prevail over government because the smartest go where the money is - private sector unless power is what you covet then you don't want to be in business. The most power covering get into money "management" or government.

And the I'll informed wonder why business is fleeing America.

In a way doesn't he deserve some of this blow back? Didn't the feds boost him with tax dollars?

Last edited:

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I usually like to point that out, so thanks. Democracy is simply mob rule with a polite name.

He should have focused on liberty. Nonetheless, our nation was founded as a federal republic but it operates more and more like a democracy as states have abdicated their sovereignty and two-party politics has poisoned the political discourse. Never mind the imperial executive branch. We're in rapid decline.

Besides, isn't he a foreign national?

Damn I like the way you think.

Another opportunity; set up a store to sell just outside the state and establish maintenance/warranty shops in the state so people will still buy your product in the anti entrepreneur state.

Business always finds a way to prevail over government because the smartest go where the money is - private sector unless power is what you covet then you don't want to be in business. The most power covering get into money "management" or government.

And the I'll informed wonder why business is fleeing America.

In a way doesn't he deserve some of this blow back? Didn't the feds boost him with tax dollars?

I'm slightly surprised it's Texas to be honest. Usually Texas is a haven for businesses to set up shop.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
Damn I like the way you think.

I'm slightly surprised it's Texas to be honest. Usually Texas is a haven for businesses to set up shop.

Thank you.

And, that's true. Gov. Perry points that out all the time. But they, like every level of government, have their share of special interest groups.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
i dont like electric cars, i think there are a lot better alternatives currently. with that being said, i think texas is very wrong to ban the sales on a silly technicality. I think it actually makes texas look like a bunch of hicks like they're afraid of new technology is going to run out the big 3?

lets be honest most people in texas arent going to drive a car let alone an electric car, secondly most people dont want an electric car. the sales are for a niche group a small one at that.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score

lets be honest most people in texas arent going to drive a car let alone an electric car, secondly most people dont want an electric car. the sales are for a niche group a small one at that.

So what do Texans drive?

I'm a Texan (displaced due to military service) and when I lived in Texas I drove a car.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back