Tesla Sales Banned in Texas... Colorado, NC and Virgina following...

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
could buy them out of state and drive them in might take a couple days considering you only get 300miles til you have to stop and recharge lol.

If you have enough money for a tesla, you probably have enough to hire someone to deliver it on a trailer.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
I think most dealerships would love to be 'no haggle'. Problem is the 'no haggle' price we come up with will never be good enough for a consumer.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tesla will be sold in Texas. Why would Tesla even consider Texas as a hotspot for its new battery factory if they couldnt sell here?

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
well roadtrips arent really fun when you can only drive a few hours then have to spend a night waiting for it to charge let alone find a station

Read an article in Car&Driver about social recharging... people on a long trip stop at private residences along their route. I guess you have to be part of that club to buy into something like that. Strange.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Read an article in Car&Driver about social recharging... people on a long trip stop at private residences along their route. I guess you have to be part of that club to buy into something like that. Strange.

You say that...

I have a fraternity brother whose dad own a Tesla. His dad is a pretty wealthy guy and I got to chauffeur him in the Tesla to a couple of his parties. The houses... Were... HUGE... The cars... Were... EXPENSIVE...

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
You say that...

I have a fraternity brother whose dad own a Tesla. His dad is a pretty wealthy guy and I got to chauffeur him in the Tesla to a couple of his parties. The houses... Were... HUGE... The cars... Were... EXPENSIVE...

I'm not sure what that has to do with the freakishness of the concept C&D described in the article. These weren't the well heeled, these were just people who bought into the whole "electric cars are good for the environment" stupidity.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I'm not sure what that has to do with the freakishness of the concept C&D described in the article. These weren't the well heeled, these were just people who bought into the whole "electric cars are good for the environment" stupidity.

Yeaaaa, but you gotta have a lot of money to afford a Tesla. And usually those people, while possibly insufferably pretentious, are usually sane and welcoming.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
Meh, okay. They are still strange to me - letting people come over and plug their cars into your household current so they can charge up and be on their way.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Meh, okay. They are still strange to me - letting people come over and plug their cars into your household current so they can charge up and be on their way.

Yea, it's definitely a foreign concept.

Then again, most of the guys on here, myself included, would happily let someone from the forum that's pretty much a total stranger crash on our couch if need be.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
That's different. We're mustang people... they're ... "green" people and green people get eaten...

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
well roadtrips arent really fun when you can only drive a few hours then have to spend a night waiting for it to charge let alone find a station

You really need to do some research before you start typing.

A supercharge station will give the car a 170 mile range charge in 30 minutes. In 20 minutes, you can have half the battery charged back up. They are putting these power stations up across the country.

Road trip? Stop, get some grub, check out the scenery, and when you are done, the car is charged.

Source: http://www.teslamotors.com/charging#/onthego

TenSpeed

Reaction score
The big battery will get you 300 miles at 55 mph. Figure you go 75, not 55. That should get you at least 230 miles or so. The car isn't really meant for long road trips across the country I wouldn't think. Not when you are limited to a battery and a place to charge it. I would think that it would be more for city driving, maybe a few short trips here and there.

SGTguy

forum member
Reaction score
That 300 miles is if you don't use the AC or heat or electronics Talked to a owner at a C/C and he said it 25% less if you do.

blk12gt

forum member
Reaction score
That 300 miles is if you don't use the AC or heat or electronics Talked to a owner at a C/C and he said it 25% less if you do.

Not to mention something like over 50% of the US power is coal, or all the toxins created when making a battery. Its like buying a porche, just shows you have too much money, a tiny brain, and a small pecker.

Sent from my phone, spelling mistakes brought to you courtesy of tapatalk.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tesla can sell in Texas just like Ford, Chevy and everyone else. They just need go establish a dealer and service network.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
After visiting the showroom, listening to the guy talk about the car (not trying to sell it to us), sitting in it, reading up on it, and then seeing one live in person at a car show, I would definitely drive one.

The maintenance alone, or lack there of, would be so nice. No oil changes, no gas stations, nothing other than wiper fluid in there. Yeah, brakes and tires, and anything electrical, but after that, there isn't anything.

Needs faux mufflers out the back though, the rear looks funny with nothing there.

Back