Tesla Sales Banned in Texas... Colorado, NC and Virgina following...

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
The U.S. Still only has 3600 E85 stations.
How many Electric Charge station are there-78?
Long way to go.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
You really need to do some research before you start typing.

A supercharge station will give the car a 170 mile range charge in 30 minutes. In 20 minutes, you can have half the battery charged back up. They are putting these power stations up across the country.

Road trip? Stop, get some grub, check out the scenery, and when you are done, the car is charged.

Source: http://www.teslamotors.com/charging#/onthego

huh didnt know they had those. never seen on and i live in ca would have imagined seeing one locally here for sure as i worked in costa mesa for 2 years. even with those in place you still have to map your drive around charging stations vs a gas car

i just thought of the episode of top gear where they had the three electric cars now that was hilarious when i was typing

Last edited:

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Well, they don't write the tax law or subsidies. They paid the loan back, don't really see anything wrong

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Wife and I went and drove a Model S last time we were in Cali, before they opened a showroom local to us. I can safely say that a P85 is on my short list for a new DD, but I'm eagerly awaiting the Model X.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Electric cars make a shit ton of torque immediately upon the flow of energy to the motors. I've said for years that if they figured out a way to store enough energy to travel as far as the average gas car can with a tank of fuel on a single charge they will sell every single electric car they can make.

Electric cars would be awesome if they could figure out the energy storage and the fast recharge problem.

Till then, I'll enjoy my gas cars/trucks.

blk12gt

forum member
Reaction score
Well, they don't write the tax law or subsidies. They paid the loan back, don't really see anything wrong

The thing that is "wrong" is it isn't the government's job to gamble with my tax money... that's is what capital investment is supposed to do and because of the last post "no range" no one wants to invest in it cause the technology is just not there.

Sent from my phone, spelling mistakes brought to you courtesy of tapatalk.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
No I agree it's not the government's place. I'm just saying I'm not hatin' on tesla because of the government's doings.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score

The thing that is "wrong" is it isn't the government's job to gamble with my tax money... that's is what capital investment is supposed to do and because of the last post "no range" no one wants to invest in it cause the technology is just not there.

So you wouldn't mind if your competitors got fat loans at no interest with your tax dollars so they could squeeze your margins or put you out of business? Or maybe the government just likes your competitors more than you becuase they gave them political campaign contributions and you didn't so they get the graft?

“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” James Maddision

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
No I agree it's not the government's place. I'm just saying I'm not hatin' on tesla because of the government's doings.

I'm pretty sure the federal govenment wasn't cold calling to throw cash someone's way. He sought it and our federal masters gave it to him.

Regardless, why exactly did we dump a bunch of money into a foreign car company...?

I think he ougt to be able to conduct business any way he likes... but he shouldn't be getting my tax dollars to do it...

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
So you wouldn't mind if your competitors got fat loans at no interest with your tax dollars so they could squeeze your margins or put you out of business? Or maybe the government just likes your competitors more than you becuase they gave them political campaign contributions and you didn't so they get the graft?
Sure I'd be pissed. But again I'd need proof my competitor was in bed w the gov first before getting mad about it.

I'm pretty sure the federal govenment wasn't cold calling to throw cash someone's way. He sought it and our federal masters gave it to him.
No, you're probably right. But how mad can you get based on assumptions?

Regardless, why exactly did we dump a bunch of money into a foreign car company...?
Who knows. Maybe they thought they could turn a profit because the Volt did so well. :clap:

I think he ougt to be able to conduct business any way he likes... but he shouldn't be getting my tax dollars to do it...
I agree to a point. But your money gets lent out every day to middle men that work for banks. Maybe this way when the government has no middle man it can gain most profit and cut the deficit. Wait, hahahaha. It will just go in the pocket of a politician's buddy.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
Sure I'd be pissed. But again I'd need proof my competitor was in bed w the gov first before getting mad about it.

No, you're probably right. But how mad can you get based on assumptions?

Who knows. Maybe they thought they could turn a profit because the Volt did so well. :clap:

I agree to a point. But your money gets lent out every day to middle men that work for banks. Maybe this way when the government has no middle man it can gain most profit and cut the deficit. Wait, hahahaha. It will just go in the pocket of a politician's buddy.

Fair enough... :) but I'm generally mad about everything to do with the government...

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
could buy them out of state and drive them in might take a couple days considering you only get 300miles til you have to stop and recharge lol.

So what you're saying is it goes about as far as a modded mustang lol! (20MPG)

Not to mention something like over 50% of the US power is coal, or all the toxins created when making a battery. Its like buying a porche, just shows you have too much money, a tiny brain, and a small pecker.

If you look at it per mile that coal powered electricity is still cleaner than what an internal combustion engine produces per unit. What do you think is more efficient, running your house off electricity from the grid or buying gasoline to power generators to power your house? Not to mention ALL the "normal" cars with lead and sulfuric acid yet you don't hear people bitching about those.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Same goes for motorcycles and general gas powered equipment. (Lawn mowers, blower, even boats). The gov/people only seem to complain when the market effected has an opportunity for money to be made

Fair enough... :) but I'm generally mad about everything to do with the government...
Yeah no doubt. As I've aged and SLIGHTLY wisened up I try to focus my bouts of rage. Otherwise you find yourself trying to run senior citizens off the road lol

blk12gt

forum member
Reaction score
So what you're saying is it goes about as far as a modded mustang lol! (20MPG)

But you can stop and get a fill up of good ol petrol any where, I would love to see an electric car stuck on the highway outside of a major metropolitan area... lol

If you look at it per mile that coal powered electricity is still cleaner than what an internal combustion engine produces per unit. What do you think is more efficient, running your house off electricity from the grid or buying gasoline to power generators to power your house? Not to mention ALL the "normal" cars with lead and sulfuric acid yet you don't hear people bitching about those.

Well if your going to stoop to that level pray tell how much toxic waste is produced as a byproduct creating batteries that don't have the life expectancy of a combustion engine? Not to mention what happens to batteries when they won't hold a charge. You can't compare the two by picking and choosing the battles. Coal is clean now (relatively speaking), just like electric cars will be, the technology just isn't here yet.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Good points. I think "necessity is the mother of invention" will prevail w electric cars, or some form there of. Global warming and all that bullshit aside, something needs to be figured out for long term. Dead dinosaurs isn't in endless supply.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back