The Offical Jegs 15" Wheel Thread

black05stxjt

forum member
Reaction score
Ok guys here is the heads up on the 15" wheels every body wants to run. All of the test fits have been done on my 05 GT if you have tried on another year model car please post up your results.

Front Wheels:
Jegs Pro Star
PN: 555-67051
15x4 5x4.5 W/ 1.75 BS
Spacer 3/8
PN: 555-65051

SD534025.jpg

SD534023.jpg

SD534026.jpg

Ive seen were people have replaced the front stock studs with ARP extended studs. I have not replaced my studs and I am still using the stock lug nuts as well.

Rear Wheels
Jegs Prostar
PN: 555-67077
15x8 5x4.5 W/ 5.5 BS
No Spacers Required!!

SD534040.jpg

SD534042.jpg

SD534044.jpg

SD534045.jpg

SD534043.jpg

I was shocked when I placed the wheel on the car and torqued it down and found that it was clearing the brakes and the sway bar! Should have the other wheel and some tires by next week.

I really hope this helps some of you out there with the wheel crisis for the S197 cars. I will say one thing I hope I never have to read another thread about 15" wheels for theses cars as there are two options 1: Cheap Jegs Wheels or 2: Bogart or Hole Shots. If either of those options do not fall in your category please do not start any more threads about wheels as they have been beat to death. Thanks Jared

Last edited:

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No pictures.

the Jegs Prostar went right on with no grinding or spacers? wow, how come no one found this out sooner?

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow....:supercool:

ordered 2... OVERNITE about 5 min ego!

Ill post asap to see if 'tis the unicorn :)

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well i do see a spacer involved so im sure that helped

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good find. The rears are what everyone is having problems with. Great find. Gonna have to get a set and put a full slick on it. Street wheels and Track wheels.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Good deal man!!! Nice pics.....

On the other hand....If someone wanted to run a thinner spacer and grind a little bit, the fronts would set in even further....

Secondly, the reason there has been so much hype about 15" wheels, (no offense), they want some MEAT...lol...That's why I tried the 15x10 with 7.5 backspace, but I also understand a lot of people don't want to grind like that....i personally don't plan on getting rid of my car, so that's why I did....

black05stxjt

forum member
Reaction score
not sure why the need for a 10" wide wheel is so critical...you can run a 28x10.5 slick on a 8" wheel

ROUSH STAGE 4

ANIL8R
Reaction score
Good find. The rears are what everyone is having problems with. Great find. Gonna have to get a set and put a full slick on it. Street wheels and Track wheels.

That was for front AND rears with part #'s. Thanks Jared!!! These rears are 15X8" without relocating swaybar, or grinding the calipers, and NO SPACERS for the rears.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Oh, I am not putting down any of this work...Props to you for making it work...I just like a 10" wheel because it helps with the rev limiter launches and a wider tire can be used....

Not trying to step on anyone's toes at all....

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
NICE!!

Jared... Bogart would have paid you BIG $$ to keep it quiet...

Bogart----> :spank2:<------ US!

Thanks for allowing us all to give them a taste of their own medicine!!

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I really hope this helps some of you out there with the wheel crisis for the S197 cars. I will say one thing I hope I never have to read another thread about 15" wheels for theses cars as there are two options 1: Cheap Jegs Wheels or 2: Bogart or Hole Shots. If either of those options do not fall in your category please do not start any more threads about wheels as they have been beat to death. Thanks Jared
Ok...I'll say it since nobody else has: Thank You for doing the research for the board.

The guys wanting a 10" wheel need to do the same as you have done. Chris did the "caliper grinding" thing but I'm sure someone else can chime in as well.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jared... Bogart would have paid you BIG $$ to keep it quiet...

Bogart----> :spank2:<------ US!

Thanks for allowing us all to give them a taste of their own medicine!!

lmao dude you should have heard me yesterday trying to pitch the 10" wheel to jegs lol man i was trying to get the head dick's # to see what i could talk them into guy didn't know what to say so i just gave up after about 45 min of being transfered and put on hold by 60 people lol

dammit i was fixin to order some draglites for the back does any1 know if the jegs draglite clones would work up front ....with the same offset/spacer ect. ?

black05stxjt

forum member
Reaction score
Oh, I am not putting down any of this work...Props to you for making it work...I just like a 10" wheel because it helps with the rev limiter launches and a wider tire can be used....

Not trying to step on anyone's toes at all....
thanks man....and i understand were you are coming from too....ive just seen alot of fast cars running around on 8's and for my power level it should do the trick for a long time lol....im broke lol

black05stxjt

forum member
Reaction score
lmao dude you should have heard me yesterday trying to pitch the 10" wheel to jegs lol man i was trying to get the head dick's # to see what i could talk them into guy didn't know what to say so i just gave up after about 45 min of being transfered and put on hold by 60 people lol

dammit i was fixin to order some draglites for the back does any1 know if the jegs draglite clones would work up front ....with the same offset/spacer ect. ?

i would say yes....but dont hold me too it

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
black05stxjt, I understand completely...everyone is broke...lol....

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back