Thinking about attempting this with my 2012 GT Premium

SuperchargedStang

forum member
Reaction score
Get the fuck over it, it's my car. Fucking worry about your own car.

Then why make a post about your car? people are going to respond to a post, and now your telling people you don't want people to look/comment on it.. seems like you just like to argue, and waste people's time.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Not really looking to argue or waste anyones time. If you don't want to bring productive conversation to the thread you don't have to visit it. You posted in here for what reason again other than to stir the shit?

You call me the argumentative type and time waster yet what is it you are doing?

Flame away, I've said my piece. Over it fellas.

orangensaft

People think its yellow
Reaction score
The problem is you posted asking for advice. It's the last line of your book of a first post of you don't remember. There was a discussion, although short, right before you derailed your own thread into bashing airbags.

You got so hung up on the non productive one liners that get thrown around here so often that you missed the information from the people that were actually giving you the advice you were seeking.

You could have easily said, "I'm not looking at airbag setups", and the discussion could have continued, but you didn't. You proceeded to act like every other import guy does when he stumbles into a Mustang and joins a Mustang forum.

If anyone in this thread is a troll it's you.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
The derailment began when someone told me that I was wrong in saying that coilovers out perform an airbag setup. Pardon me for correcting him.

Do you guys even know what an internet troll is?

Trolls are the guys who come into a thread, post something to stir the shit, and leave. I've EXPLAINED everything I've said, what more do you ding bats want?

I asked if an adjustable upper control arm was all I needed to correct pinion angle and no one responded to that. I told you all I was going with coilovers, I wasn't asking for information about bags but you all INSISTED and PERSISTED to argue that bags > coilovers. I asked for proof and all he said was that he had logged countless laptimes. Ok great, where is the proof? I provided both sound logic and real world application to my statements and only 1 person really examined what I had to say without coming in here like a know it all and just bashing me.

Fuck it guys, I already knew I needed an UCA to adjust my pinion angle. I need LCA relocation brackets to get the power to the ground, and on all the parts I'm going Heims to eliminate the slop in the bushings. You guys do your own thing, I've got this.

Sorry I tried to make a somewhat useful thread and it got filled with ignorant ass clowns who just want to come in and flame a guy for trying provide facts.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
If you DD this car or take women on dates or have Children you will regret the hiem joints suspension components! Especially the Uca! For a strictly track car or limited use car they're fine but daily driving , no!! The adj uca even with the poly bushings will still transfer some rearend noises!! It's your car, but trust me the poly bushings will give you all the stability you will ever need!! I know that from your LM experiences you lean to the hiems just as I do from my modified days, but don't do it you will be looking to unload them in a very short time!!! Just my $0.02

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
The derailment began when someone told me that I was wrong in saying that coilovers out perform an airbag setup. Pardon me for correcting him.

But when you (in your opinion) corrected people, you were a total jackass about it. That's when the helpful people stop helping, and the pot-stirrers come and try to make you look even worse than you already do. It's cool though, I thought I knew everything when I was in school too (engineering OMG!).

trollface.jpg

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not in school anymore Duster, y'all got some sandy vaginas around here, damn.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I'm not in school anymore Duster, y'all got some sandy vaginas around here, damn.

You seem to be the one with a sandy vagina.
You sound just like a guy I work with who has owned 240's and currently drives a 350Z. He's cocky, know it all, and always thinks he is right. I'm starting to see a trend in 240 owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding my Shetland Pony through the pastures of Spain

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
If you DD this car or take women on dates or have Children you will regret the hiem joints suspension components! Especially the Uca! For a strictly track car or limited use car they're fine but daily driving , no!! The adj uca even with the poly bushings will still transfer some rearend noises!! It's your car, but trust me the poly bushings will give you all the stability you will ever need!! I know that from your LM experiences you lean to the hiems just as I do from my modified days, but don't do it you will be looking to unload them in a very short time!!! Just my $0.02

Good to know man, thanks for the information. The biggest reason I was leaning to Heim joints is because in the past I've had Poly bushings and they squeeked.... A LOT!!! Heim's do transfer noise from the drivetrain more than the poly or rubber. On my 240 I had full Heim joints on all of my control arms. Everything in the rear was replaced except for the Lower Control arms. I had Rear Upper Control arms, Toe rods, and traction rods all with heims. The front had Tension rods with heims but other than the Lower Control arm up front that was all I Could replace. I opted not to replace it.

So in your opinion, I'm assuming this is from experience with having a heim UCA, would you say that the only arm I need to avoid having a heim is the Upper control arm, or should I worry about all of my control arms?

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
You seem to be the one with a sandy vagina.
You sound just like a guy I work with who has owned 240's and currently drives a 350Z. He's cocky, know it all, and always thinks he is right. I'm starting to see a trend in 240 owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding my Shetland Pony through the pastures of Spain

Actually no. I do not sound like the 240 guy you work with that owns a 350z now. I promise you that. You all got me stirred up and I'm sorry for defending myself.

All of this got centered around me and that dude with airbags about which one performed better, a good set of coilovers or a good set of airbag suspension.

I don't give a fuck who you are or who you think you are there is only one answer to that question when it comes down to all out performance. End of debate. If I have to go over that again I'm going to charge for lessons because this shit is ridiculous.

Everyone is sitting here telling me I'm a know it all and blah blah blah. I'm no know it all. I've never said I was. I can't help that I ACTUALLY know what I'm talking about while a lot of the guys who have posted in my thread seem to just throw out there regurgitated shit they've read on the internet. They've taken someone elses opinionated statement and in their mind turned it into a factual one because they read it on the net. It's not grounded in factual information at all and frankly it's annoying. If you don't want to contribute to this thread, kindly find the door.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I would definitely avoid it in the uca, unless you just have plenty of money and time, because I guarantee you will be removing it after a few days!! To me the real gains are in the lower control arms and the relocation brackets! You get those angles correct on the lowers and unless your launching at 4500 R's or coming off a corner trying to put down 450-500 hp to the ground then a good pinion angle adjustment is all you'll need!! If your planning a bunch of hp now that's different but even them on the street the uca w/poly should be fine. Look at the BMR piece it is really well made. Going ahead and change that uca bracket while your in there so you can adj the angle of the uca as well.

This is all IMO!!

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input Mach2burnout. So wait a minute. From reading that you're saying the pinion angle can be adjusted with the lower control arms? LCA relocation brackets are definitely going to be an add as well but I'm sorta hoping this company I like will make their own. They're a smaller company but customer service is #1. They said as of now they do not offer relocation brackets. I've seen a few bolt in and a few weld in but I'm not sure where I stand with that. To me bolt in and weld up seems like the best option.

I believe I'll go heim on the LCA and the panhard then get a poly UCA. The upper is going to be the last of the three that I buy so if the panhard and LCAs don't make what I consider a noticeable difference then I'll go heim with the UCA. Like I said, my 240 didn't bother me too bad with all heim joints and solid aluminum subframe bushings.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
No you cannot adj pinion angle with lca's!!

EDIt: the thing is your wanting to slam your car to the ground. Remove bump stops, etc anyway so a little road noise, and differential whine probably won't bother you too much.
So go with all heim joint if you want! If you go heim on that uca I would get a aftermarket bracket. The factory one is kinda cheesy IMO!

I like the BMR relo brackets because you don't need to weld them, you can of course, they are well built and you get 3 adj instead of 2 like most others! The bolts holes are placed so your lcas do not have to be adjustable!

Last edited:

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
No you cannot adj pinion angle with lca's!!

EDIt: the thing is your wanting to slam your car to the ground. Remove bump stops, etc anyway so a little road noise, and differential whine probably won't bother you too much.
So go with all heim joint if you want! If you go heim on that uca I would get a aftermarket bracket. The factory one is kinda cheesy IMO!

I like the BMR relo brackets because you don't need to weld them, you can of course, they are well built and you get 3 adj instead of 2 like most others! The bolts holes are placed so your lcas do not have to be adjustable!

I've looked at the BMR brackets actually and liked the idea of additional adjustment holes as compared to the others. IDK what I'm going to do. Honestly I'd like to ride in a car with poly joints all around and a car with heims all around and see how the sound difference is.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Also, wouldn't it be a bitch if you got different adjusted lengths on the LCA's causing a cocked rear axle....

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Technically you can adj pinion angle with adjustable lca's but will this not shift your axle forward?

Yes, but the UCA does the same thing. You're adjusting the angle by lengthening or shortening a link. Doesn't matter if you're changing it at the top or bottom, you just have two to worry about rather than one. One perk is LCA's are much easier to get to than the UCA. If you have all three adjustable links (which you will have if you go with spherical bearings), then you can set your pinion angle and fore-aft axle location independently (to an extent, of course).

Also, wouldn't it be a bitch if you got different adjusted lengths on the LCA's causing a cocked rear axle....

My LCA brackets threw my rear axle off, one axle was 5/8" closer to the frame than the other (I'm not the only person who encountered this, it's just a caveat of aftermarket parts as I am sure you know). Adjustable LCA's allowed me to square it back up. I was able to get it nuts on with a simple tape measure, it's not rocket science (verified on a laser alignment machine while I had it in getting weighted, was off .05 degrees.."We're not touching it!").

If your alignment shop can't get your axle squared up with adjustable LCA's, run far far away because they're morons. That said, with some patience, a DIY alignment is not hard on these cars; just a bit tedious the first couple times. Maybe plan on having it checked afterwards to confirm your measurements and reassure yourself.

Goddamnit, you reeled me back in..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back