Thoughts on this

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Machine shop contacted me with these pics when he was swapping out the bearings. Said he could check for roundness and press new bearings on if I wanted…guess that’s the route I’ll go?

14F752AC-D605-4328-9765-A11024EBFFA5.jpeg

C56DD810-E93C-43D5-AE53-2B8E3F4B239D.jpeg

JC SSP

Reaction score
Just my .02 cents... that's "NO-GO" in my book...

True the bearing is going to be taking all the pressure and heat, but I keep most of my cars forever, so I always try do it right the first time.

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Just my .02 cents... that's "NO-GO" in my book...

True the bearing is going to be taking all the pressure and heat, but I keep most of my cars forever, so I always try do it right the first time.
Yeah SUCKS….all this $$$ and that will be in the back of my mind the whole time! Quick search shows me $350 out on a new one…but haven’t really searched a lot

Whpony96

Reaction score
Oh, HELL no! Replace it. "If your not going to do it right he first time, when are you going to find the time to do it right?"

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Thanks for all your advice, think I’m gonna go the dumb route and run it. Honestly I just don’t have the $$$ to throw at it when it could be just fine. I took it to another shop and he confirmed that other than the gouges it was true round and shouldn’t interfere with the bearings function. Trust me I hate it but I don’t plan on beating on the car or taking it to the drags so I’m hoping it’ll hold! Again thanks for the suggestions!!

Reaction score
Thanks for all your advice, think I’m gonna go the dumb route and run it. Honestly I just don’t have the $$$ to throw at it when it could be just fine. I took it to another shop and he confirmed that other than the gouges it was true round and shouldn’t interfere with the bearings function. Trust me I hate it but I don’t plan on beating on the car or taking it to the drags so I’m hoping it’ll hold! Again thanks for the suggestions!!

You will be fine. That void looks like it came that way from the factory.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back