Tips for washing your car to keep from messing it upHere's a few things to consider w

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
im a nut for detailing and this thread has been amazingly helpful. I knew about the leaf blower trick but i never thought to wash only in straight lines. No more circles for me. oh and i just became a believer in the UC over the past week getting ready for a local show. here are the results without a DA because at the moment i dont own one. and i gave swirl x a go a while ago and didnt think it did a thing either, returned it to the store the next day

before:
168006_10100161397140682_5140873_54997749_2591219_n.jpg

after:
front.jpg

Nice results. :thumb2:

Hey have you tried out meguiars Ultimate wash & wax

It does not take the place of a true wax job for sure, lol

I don't use a sponge to wash my car; I use a microfiber towel.

I have mended my evil ways and now use only sheepskin mitts. Nasty convinced me that the sponges suck, even the MF ones.

No way would I use just a MF towel, though.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Glad you like em! I'm loving my new $50 electric pressure washer and AutoGeek foam cannon! My car was pretty dusty so I used it tonight without ever touching the paint and it came out damn good letting the soap soak on there for a few minutes. Echo pack blower and I was in business.

Speed+Clinic

forum member
Reaction score
Nice results. :thumb2:
It does not take the place of a true wax job for sure, lol

I have mended my evil ways and now use only sheepskin mitts. Nasty convinced me that the sponges suck, even the MF ones.
I meant for washing the car everytime, I can't wax the car everytime I wash it. Is it ok? Recomend anything I can get at pepboys or autozone?

Link to sheepskin mitts?

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I meant for washing the car everytime, I can't wax the car everytime I wash it. Is it ok? Recomend anything I can get at pepboys or autozone?

Link to sheepskin mitts?

I personally don't like to use stuff like that to wash a car. You don't need to wax a car every time you wash it for one thing. Second, if you have a good wax coat on the car and wash it properly, it will last awhile. Third, you don't want to get a unnecessary build up of wax, anyway.

So, just wash it with something good and take care of it. Wax as needed with real wax.

I'm sure it's an ok product, but I wouldn't want to use much for fear of wax build-up. It may not have enough in it to matter, and it may work fine, but I'll stick to actually waxing the car just when it needs it.

I personally use Chemical Guys Maxi-suds II and I order if from Chemical Guys. It's not too expensive for a gallon, and it lasts forever. It won't strip wax off like some shampoo will (unless you use it very concentrated)

Here is the best deal I found on the mitts. . .

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SMA-85-340/

I gave up on mitts due to the cost vs. quality of most of them until Nasty showed me these. These things are amazing.

Back