Traction control doesn't work

Dalton2006GT

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just bought a 2012 lava red 6 speed mustang gt and the traction control button doesn't work, neither does the traction control itself because I have gone sideways a few times but managed to correct it. The dealer said they put a new tune on it as I would believe the previous owner had a tune on it. Would this affect the traction control not working?

Also, if I press and hold the traction control button with the brake pedal pressed, nothing happens. I believe there should be a message that pops up that says advanced traction control is disabled or sport mode was turned on. But it doesn't.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Hold down button with brakepedal pressed for more than 5sec should deactivate all traction assist

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
My 2008 will step waaaaay out sometimes before the TC intervenes, other times it cuts in like an angry parent. No real rhyme or reason to it that i can tell.

Dalton2006GT

Reaction score
Well, I figured it out after pulling every single fuse and inspecting every single one of them. I pressed the button down too quickly instead of holding it down intermetinly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13v6

Reaction score
The traction control and Advancetrac can be turned off in a tune and then it will not come on. You'd have to retune the car to make it usable again. Or, learn how and enjoy driving a real car. ;)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back