Transmission noise

Discussion in '2011+ Mustang GT 5.0L Tech' started by my89foxbody, Sep 23, 2021.

1. my89foxbody

my89foxbody Junior Member

Had my car at Ford twice and I still have this noise from 1st through 4th gear. They replaced the throw out bearing under warranty, I also had the clutch replaced while the transmission was out. I also have a noise at idle in neutral that stop when you push the clutch in. They're trying to sell me that it's normal. Can anyone identify the rotational scrapping noise that can be heard both inside and outside of the car? The noise is heard in the first 30 seconds of the video

2. 86GT351

86GT351 forum member

Hard to say specifically. Sounds like an internal rotational noise.

3. 07gts197

07gts197 forum member

A little bit of noise at idle with the clutch out is normal. Have you tried switching fluid? It might help with the noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. dustyn83

dustyn83 Junior Member

Maybe it needs a clutch adjustment.

5. 86GT351

86GT351 forum member

There are no clutch adjustments on these cars. Clutch is Hydraulic.

6. my89foxbody

my89foxbody Junior Member

I had Ford install a new clutch while they had the transmission out. They had replaced the throw out bearing under warranty but I still have that rotational noise and now hear a clack occasionally when I start to roll and while coming to a stop

7. Midlife Crises

Midlife Crises Senior Member

The noise stops when stepping on the clutch. Sounds like the input shaft bearing and/or pocket bearing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.