TV show building the FR500C "boy racer"

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
I saw a few months ago or last year a TV show about Multimatic building the FR500C for Grand Am Cup racing.

Does anyone know where to locate it? I've searched all over the net and you tube just returns crap.

Blair

forum member
Reaction score
I think I know the show you're talking about. Was it on the Speed Channel? If so, check the speed channel website www.speedtv.com

Last edited:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I think I know the show you're talking about. Was it on the Speed Channel? If so, check the speed channel website www.sppedtv.com

It was speed channel. My girlfriend was looking for a camera after she bought it I was still sitting in the chair at the sony store refusing to leave... lol. I actually never seen it other than there though. :wtf1: I have speed channel and the only thing I seem to ever catch is fucking nascar..

Reaction score
Well, at least it's not Two wheels tuesday anymore.. Gee, I can't wait til next week. joy.

Hey! I though 2 wheel tues was a pretty good idea. Just didn't have all the best shows. I used to catch mma racing when I got home from work at 3am. That shit is hot. Mad respect to those jockeys.

As far as the show, I watch speed every day and this is the first time I've heard of it. Are you sure it was on speed channel? I tried searching through google for a second and came up with zilch. But I did find this: http://www.spike.com/full-episode/mustang-track-car/34090

Continue jacking.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Hey! I though 2 wheel tues was a pretty good idea. Just didn't have all the best shows. I used to catch mma racing when I got home from work at 3am. That shit is hot. Mad respect to those jockeys.

As far as the show, I watch speed every day and this is the first time I've heard of it. Are you sure it was on speed channel? I tried searching through google for a second and came up with zilch. But I did find this: http://www.spike.com/full-episode/mustang-track-car/34090

Continue jacking.

Some of them are cool, I'll give them that. lol.

and yeah, it was speed channel that did the coverage. It was the same one that was covered in an issue of 5.0 or MM&FF. It showed a red one that had crashed into a wall and I actually saw it happen on video. It was so much cooler live, but I did feel bad for the driver.

spiral281

forum member
Reaction score
i can understand nascar on speed, though why so damned much...but not unique whips or the other crap...where is racing...and building race cars on the SPEED channel...they can use vh1 or mtv for the other crap

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
You can blame MTV for the death of quality content. It is much cheaper to hire a couple of camera operators and pay a 12-year old in china $0.10 a day to edit the film of a reality show than it costs to put out a full crew to cover a race. I remember back to the glory days of when ESPN was a new network and then SPEED came by when ESPN went to crap and made me happy again. And now SPEED is going into the shitter, maybe the VERSUS network will take up the challenge?

Reaction score
i can understand nascar on speed, though why so damned much...but not unique whips or the other crap...where is racing...and building race cars on the SPEED channel...they can use vh1 or mtv for the other crap

This is something that kills me everyday. those two or three nascar free months are my favorite times of the year. Ten years ago was the pinnacle of the speed channel.

I think this thread needs a title/location change before the mod gets pissed.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
This is something that kills me everyday. those two or three nascar free months are my favorite times of the year. Ten years ago was the pinnacle of the speed channel.

I think this thread needs a title/location change before the mod gets pissed.

How about taking it back the original theme for the OP????:tj:

Not the Show about building the car but one about the Mustang Challenge racing.. Not bad but it turns a bit "reality show"

http://www.mustangchallenge.com/index.php/media/why_we_race/

Last edited:

Black_GT

SIIXVII
Reaction score
I have this video. It's called something... "Boy Racer". I forgot the whole title. Haven't watched it for awhile. It was a Discovery Channel exclusive. I rented it from Nextflix. I found out this was never released on video purchase at stores. You would've had to buy it from the Discovery website for a lmiited time. It is deffinitly a badass documentary on how they built and engineering our car as a road racer.

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was called "Extreme Mustang: Back to the Track " Discovery channel had it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back