Want to replace metal piece on side actuator/control on top left of throttle body

Spence340

Reaction score
I have an 05 4.0L and the the top left piece next to the intake tube going into the throttle body there is a control of some sort that has a black plastic side piece with a metal dome on it. It is held on with 4 small phillips head screws. Mine is all rusty so I grabbed a nice clean one at the yard the other day along with the plastic side piece. When I took it off the junker there was a spring and some gear pieces. If I take mine off and replace it how much trouble can I get in screwing up the timing of these gears etc. Can I just replace the rusty dome piece or will that potentially mess up something as well. I think the part number on it was something like 3DRE-DA.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Could end up with wrench light and limp mode.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
can you post a pic of what part you're talking about.

sounds like that TB motor

Spence340

Reaction score
Don't know how to post a pic here but I could text one. The part is really the passenger side of the throttle body, the plastic part. It screws into the actual throttle body housing and that's where the part number is #5R3E-DA which is the throttle body part number. The yellow gears inside operate the butterfly on the throttle body. There is one electrical connection into this black plastic side cover and it sits almost over the alternator. The little metal dome that is rusted is held onto the plastic cover with 4 small phillips head screws and I am thinking of just taking it off and changing it. Just don't want to cause a problem over a cosmetic situation. When I took the whole plastic housing off at the junk yard a spring and one of the yellow plastic pieces fell out.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back