Well guys...I just couldn't wait for 2015!

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
For a CHALLENGER! Yeah..yeah...yeah whatever LOL! As some of you know... I have literally been aching to retire my DD 20 year old Toyota truck to a corner of the driveway. I was actually going to buy a 2015 Mustang Premium as soon as the order banks opened. But my wife decided after her 2005 Altima finally gave out that she wanted a 2014 Mustang V6 and eventually brought one home. Well that kind of blew my desire to purchase the new 2015 Mustang because really....three Mustangs??? No thanks. So with my vert and her Mustang that's enough. I need some diversity here. And the only other American muscle option for me was the Challenger. Period. So here I am...outta the closet. I have NEVER in my life liked Dodge nor owned one. PERIOD! But...Ive' been in the closet for years over the Challenger. Now I'm loud and proud! I've always wanted a "Shaker" Challenger and nothing else. Was actually holding out for the 2015s. But pricing rumors put the car over 45K with the Shaker option for 2015. No way I'm spending that! So I decided lets go on a 2014 Shaker interwebs search frenzy and out of a few I found a killer deal. Nobody within several hundred miles still had 2014 Shakers because they are a limited 2000 unit production. Long story short....I fell in love with this one I found way the fuck out in Stillwater, Ok. Its got only 2k miles for cripes sake! Loaded with everything but a sunroof! Was bought by a 60 yr old man this year at a local Dodge dealer there. His old lady hated it. He drove it 2k miles before he went up the road to Wilson Chevrolet and traded it on a new Caddy. Guys....I got this car that MSRP's for 41800...talked down from their listing price of 34928 all the way down to 33200! An absoute STEAL!! imo. I fly out to Tulsa OK on Tuesday to get this car. The 680 mile drive back to Nashville will suck...but I'm stoked to have this as my new daily driver! Hey...its a heavy bitch and ain't gonna win any races. I got a nasty bitch already with the vert. I just think this will be a fun, comfortable retro muscle car to get me and the wife around that I will enjoy. BTW, if there are any Okies out there on the forum drop on by the dealer (Wilson Chevy in Stillwater Ok) on Tuesday. I should be there by noon. Hell they're sending a driver 80 miles to Tulsa at the airport just to pick me up!

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man! Sometimes you just gotta go with what "pulls" at you. And these cars have been pulling at me for years now. I'm excited!

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Really flattered you all dig especially since we're all Ford guys at heart. It's my first Dodge ever which is virgin territory for me. But damn it! I've always loved the Challenger since the day they came out. At least its "American" muscle right? Maybe I'm showing my age, but at 46 years old, for a daily driver I like a heavier car that rides smooth but still has a "growl" and some get up and go. Doesn't have to be a street killer for a daily, it's just gotta have "the looks". I'm really fortunate to be able to afford some diversity with cars. Don't worry though, my vert ain't goin nowhere. Love my nasty Stang!

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Well that's a sweet ride. Once the mustang 2015 comes out--trade it.. :)

screamingfast

forum member
Reaction score
Not bad at all but the 2015 interior in those cars look much better than the current model, that being said great deal you got!!

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats! I have loved the new Challenger since it came back. I wanted an SRT 8 PCP 6 speed so bad before I got my Mustang.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Interested to see how it hold up as I will be in the market for a toy in about a year and the Challenger has always looked good to me; I know nothing about Dodge's and their quality, hopefully they are good!

What is the aftermarket like for them? Do they respond well to exhaust, intake? Are their tunes for them?

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Well that's a sweet ride. Once the mustang 2015 comes out--trade it.. :)

Ha ha! Thanks.

Looks really nice, Tim. Please follow up with your impressions after buying it.

Thanks Brian. Will do.

Not bad at all but the 2015 interior in those cars look much better than the current model, that being said great deal you got!!

Thanks. I totally agree and I wanted the 2015 to begin with just for that reason. But I can live with the 2014 and just couldn't pass up the deal.

that white has a whole vanishing point vibe. its cool to get the car you want, congrats.

Thanks. I wanted either silver, or white.

As long as it isn't a Camaro, you are good to go.

Amen to that! No Goverment Motors for me!

Interested to see how it hold up as I will be in the market for a toy in about a year and the Challenger has always looked good to me; I know nothing about Dodge's and their quality, hopefully they are good!

What is the aftermarket like for them? Do they respond well to exhaust, intake? Are their tunes for them?

I think the quality is good. At least with only 2k miles on the car I won't have to worry. I still have a factory 3yr 36/ 5yr 100k warranty. From what I understand I think in 2011 Dodge locked up the PCMs. Good thing though, my wife threatened my life if I ever planned on getting the 2015 Mustang and then supercharging it LOL! As far as mods I was highly impressed with Blastin Bobs resonator delete kit for Challengers. For a 145 bucks, every video I found on Youtube the cars sounding amazing so I ordered it. Nice to know I won't have to shell out over a grand just to get the exact sound I was looking for. No rasp or trumpeting. Hell the OEM mufflers w/resonators delete sound amazing I think. The Shaker already has the high flow intake so I'm set. Frankly I'm just happy to have a new DD.

What does this one have for power?

375 hp/ 410 ft lbs tq. It's only 80lbs less tq than the 6.4L Scat Pack option for 2015. I can live with that. Especially when it comes to saving more than 10k.

very nice

Thank you!

That's fucking awesome looking! I just had a customer come in last week with an orange Shaker.

Thanks! I'm diggin it!

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back